Twickenham app

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

thunderbirds

Twickenham app

Post by thunderbirds »

Hi, anyone else having problems with the app? I am trying to open it and it says I need to update the app but there isn't an update. I tried uninstalling and installing again but this didn't work. I also had an email with my car park booking and it said the tickets were attached in a pdf file- they aren't! The file says they are on the app. :smt013
bendy

Re: Twickenham app

Post by bendy »

Exactly the same issue here. I presume this is teething problems with 20k people all trying to use the functionality for the first time.

Not exactly reassuring for matchday though.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

If you go to the app store, search for the app again it should say 'Update'

Doing this should solve the issue
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Thanks- there wasn't an update there :smt013
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Yes. My app is down along with others.
Took ages to get through to Twickers: eventually a gentleman called Mark reassured me the app was being updated and would be up and running again soon. I asked, “ What if it wasn’t? “
He said it would be so I said but what if not?
You cannot update the app yet but Mark then, upon my insistence, say if it’s not up they would email tickets in the old way!
Fingers crossed. It might be a few days before the apps ready as it’s one of the ones that has very poor reviews.
See you at Twickers.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:37 pm Yes. My app is down along with others.
Took ages to get through to Twickers: eventually a gentleman called Mark reassured me the app was being updated and would be up and running again soon. I asked, “ What if it wasn’t? “
He said it would be so I said but what if not?
You cannot update the app yet but Mark then, upon my insistence, say if it’s not up they would email tickets in the old way!
Fingers crossed. It might be a few days before the apps ready as it’s one of the ones that has very poor reviews.
See you at Twickers.
The update is rolling out already, I did it earlier today and is all working fine now
Pundit

Post by Pundit »

At the moment, there is no updated version. RFU techies are working on it; should be ready in 48 hours. The app route has been adopted because it will be used for "track and trace", which is not possible with the (better) email method! They accept that, if this event had not had a limited attendance, the carnage would have been unimaginable?
OliverS

Post by OliverS »

I had the same update but no update issue earlier. Just checked again, updated and all works OK.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

For many the app appears decidedly glitchy - not going to tempt fate......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Twickenham App up and running again! I did it on my iPad first by going into the App Store again where the instruction “update” was there to do. Got it then downloaded onto my iPhone. As I’d transferred the other ticket to my wife there is no history of the other ticket on the app! Luckily after a couple of attempts my wife was able to update and the ticket is there. When we set off to Twickers I’m taking my email with all the details on just in case!!
Looks like there are only singles and pairs of seats left now.
Hope we have the most fans there or if not the neutrals support us!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

My own version okay yesterday , but apparently wide spread failures with app needing to re-installed to ensure admittance as seat allocation numbers had somehow vanished from e- tickets.Seems highly unreliable in the main.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Yep, seat details vanished but I'd taken a screenshot of the details before the QR code came up so knew where to go.

To not have any proper tickets and rely on an app for 80k people is technology for its own sake. The app needs be stable for 80k people using it for c.2-3 hours 8 times a year, which is a lot of computing power needed for 16-24 hours of use. Hopefully someone will actually consider the fans/customers rather than think apps and trendy and cool so must be used in future.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Fortunately one of our four tickets still had the seat number, so we were ok. Otherwise I don’t know what we would have done. Officials very helpful; possibly almost as frustrating for them
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I had an email at 8 pm exactly on Friday confirming the seat numbers but I used the receipt so could get to my swag before kick off! It does need a fix. Paper tickets are not needed for the vast many these days and do save paper and postage.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Really do need a back up to this piece of tech...there were after-all only 10,000 fans in attendance on Friday , imagine the chaos if there were 100,000 (as is the norm at Twickenham).I do not think anyone needs or wants the frustration.