Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by ourla » Tue May 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm
I think we're being a bit harsh on Wiese if we're suggesting he has been found out.
It's not just harsh it's plain stupid.

The thing about good players is that you know what they are capable of but stopping them doing it is another matter. Sometimes that may be skill and guile, sometimes it may be physical things like leg drive and speed.
You're either in or you're out

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by voice of the crumbie » Tue May 04, 2021 9:05 pm

voice of the crumbie wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:58 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm
I think we're being a bit harsh on Wiese if we're suggesting he has been found out. I haven't seen his stats from the Ulster game but I'd bet they were still very impressive.

He is a brilliant player who has been a key part of the improvement this season and is exactly the number 8 I have been praying for since about 2010. Probably longer. Ok, so sometimes players make a good passive tackle on him and he only makes 2-5 metres, but who in the world makes 20 yards every single time they carry the ball?

Watch his last couple of games again, count how many times that kind of tackle is attempted on him and then add up how many are successful and how many get brutally swatted away as he rampages onwards...
Tournament stats show Jasper as the player with most carries (54) (Freddie Steward 2nd with 41), the player with most defenders beaten and the player with most offloads. I think that answers the debate. Incidentally the player with most tackles made is George Martin with 54. Other interesting Tigers players stats also. See link below:
https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/statistics/
In the team stats Tigers are top of every table but two and in those we are 2nd. For full details use same link but select club instead of player. The only number where we are top which we need to reduce is for penalties conceded.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Tiglon » Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm

We're very lucky to have a player as good as Wiese at the club, and to have such talented youngsters as Martin and Steward with a Head Coach who seems to know exactly how to manage them. Things have not looked so bright for many years!

Very good point about Sale and physicality, it will be a good measure of our progress on Friday.

Dokie
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 am

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Dokie » Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm
We're very lucky to have a player as good as Wiese at the club, and to have such talented youngsters as Martin and Steward with a Head Coach who seems to know exactly how to manage them. Things have not looked so bright for many years!

Very good point about Sale and physicality, it will be a good measure of our progress on Friday.
Sale are quite inconsistent. Hopefully we catch them on a less good night.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9993
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by RagingBull » Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm

tournament stats seem rather pointless this year though.

TigerFeetSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Tue May 04, 2021 10:19 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm
tournament stats seem rather pointless this year though.
Especially given the following

Games played in tournament

Leicester Tigers - 5
London Irish - 4
Newcastle Falcons - 4

All other teams 3 or less, as half of the knockout phase have their stats from group games in the Champions cup or had a group fixture called off due to covid.

Not being funny but if we weren't topping a lot of the stats charts when we've won two more games in it than any other team I'd be worried.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by voice of the crumbie » Wed May 05, 2021 8:52 am

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:19 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm
tournament stats seem rather pointless this year though.
Especially given the following

Games played in tournament

Leicester Tigers - 5
London Irish - 4
Newcastle Falcons - 4

All other teams 3 or less, as half of the knockout phase have their stats from group games in the Champions cup or had a group fixture called off due to covid.

Not being funny but if we weren't topping a lot of the stats charts when we've won two more games in it than any other team I'd be worried.
Fair point TFS but having said that the team still had to do the business and have done.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by ourla » Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am

Dokie wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Sale are quite inconsistent.
Are they?

Genuine question, as I thought they were one of the more consistent in the Prem.
You're either in or you're out

Noggs
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Noggs » Wed May 05, 2021 10:36 am

They have won their last 4 home games since they lost 22 - 27 to Bath on 12th Feb.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!

TigerMac3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by TigerMac3 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Travelling down on the Friday morning / early afternoon. Take it it will be almost impossible to book tables for pre match food /drinks? Anyone know of a good spot for the build up?

KiwiTig
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:10 am

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by KiwiTig » Wed May 05, 2021 11:30 pm

Tesco Local ?

Dokie
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 am

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Dokie » Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 am

:smt025
ourla wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am
Dokie wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Sale are quite inconsistent.
Are they?

Genuine question, as I thought they were one of the more consistent in the Prem.
Amongst some good wins, they’ve lost to Newcastle, Edinburgh and Bath and only narrowly beaten Gloucester and Worcester (twice).

ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by ourla » Thu May 06, 2021 11:01 am

Dokie wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 am
:smt025
ourla wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am
Dokie wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Sale are quite inconsistent.
Are they?

Genuine question, as I thought they were one of the more consistent in the Prem.
Amongst some good wins, they’ve lost to Newcastle, Edinburgh and Bath and only narrowly beaten Gloucester and Worcester (twice).
So if we get narrowly beaten we can claim a moral victory :smt002 :smt003 :smt023
You're either in or you're out

Oskar59
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Oskar59 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am

Hello

I have two tickets side by side for section L for Challenge Cup Final 21st May. I am looking to sell them £120 for both (the cost price). The tickets are e tickets and they would be transferred to the buyers via the official app.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Chobbsy » Thu May 06, 2021 3:17 pm

Oskar59 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am
Hello

I have two tickets side by side for section L for Challenge Cup Final 21st May. I am looking to sell them £120 for both (the cost price). The tickets are e tickets and they would be transferred to the buyers via the official app.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Section L means lower tier can you narrow it down a bit?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest