Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by ourla »

Tiglon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm I think we're being a bit harsh on Wiese if we're suggesting he has been found out.
It's not just harsh it's plain stupid.

The thing about good players is that you know what they are capable of but stopping them doing it is another matter. Sometimes that may be skill and guile, sometimes it may be physical things like leg drive and speed.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:58 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm I think we're being a bit harsh on Wiese if we're suggesting he has been found out. I haven't seen his stats from the Ulster game but I'd bet they were still very impressive.

He is a brilliant player who has been a key part of the improvement this season and is exactly the number 8 I have been praying for since about 2010. Probably longer. Ok, so sometimes players make a good passive tackle on him and he only makes 2-5 metres, but who in the world makes 20 yards every single time they carry the ball?

Watch his last couple of games again, count how many times that kind of tackle is attempted on him and then add up how many are successful and how many get brutally swatted away as he rampages onwards...
Tournament stats show Jasper as the player with most carries (54) (Freddie Steward 2nd with 41), the player with most defenders beaten and the player with most offloads. I think that answers the debate. Incidentally the player with most tackles made is George Martin with 54. Other interesting Tigers players stats also. See link below:
https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/statistics/
In the team stats Tigers are top of every table but two and in those we are 2nd. For full details use same link but select club instead of player. The only number where we are top which we need to reduce is for penalties conceded.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

We're very lucky to have a player as good as Wiese at the club, and to have such talented youngsters as Martin and Steward with a Head Coach who seems to know exactly how to manage them. Things have not looked so bright for many years!

Very good point about Sale and physicality, it will be a good measure of our progress on Friday.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Tiglon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm We're very lucky to have a player as good as Wiese at the club, and to have such talented youngsters as Martin and Steward with a Head Coach who seems to know exactly how to manage them. Things have not looked so bright for many years!

Very good point about Sale and physicality, it will be a good measure of our progress on Friday.
Sale are quite inconsistent. Hopefully we catch them on a less good night.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

tournament stats seem rather pointless this year though.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm tournament stats seem rather pointless this year though.
Especially given the following

Games played in tournament

Leicester Tigers - 5
London Irish - 4
Newcastle Falcons - 4

All other teams 3 or less, as half of the knockout phase have their stats from group games in the Champions cup or had a group fixture called off due to covid.

Not being funny but if we weren't topping a lot of the stats charts when we've won two more games in it than any other team I'd be worried.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:19 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm tournament stats seem rather pointless this year though.
Especially given the following

Games played in tournament

Leicester Tigers - 5
London Irish - 4
Newcastle Falcons - 4

All other teams 3 or less, as half of the knockout phase have their stats from group games in the Champions cup or had a group fixture called off due to covid.

Not being funny but if we weren't topping a lot of the stats charts when we've won two more games in it than any other team I'd be worried.
Fair point TFS but having said that the team still had to do the business and have done.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Dokie wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm Sale are quite inconsistent.
Are they?

Genuine question, as I thought they were one of the more consistent in the Prem.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

They have won their last 4 home games since they lost 22 - 27 to Bath on 12th Feb.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Travelling down on the Friday morning / early afternoon. Take it it will be almost impossible to book tables for pre match food /drinks? Anyone know of a good spot for the build up?
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Tesco Local ?
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

:smt025
ourla wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am
Are they?

Genuine question, as I thought they were one of the more consistent in the Prem.
Amongst some good wins, they’ve lost to Newcastle, Edinburgh and Bath and only narrowly beaten Gloucester and Worcester (twice).
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Dokie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 am :smt025
ourla wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am
Are they?

Amongst some good wins, they’ve lost to Newcastle, Edinburgh and Bath and only narrowly beaten Gloucester and Worcester (twice).
So if we get narrowly beaten we can claim a moral victory :smt002 :smt003 :smt023
Oskar59

Post by Oskar59 »

Hello

I have two tickets side by side for section L for Challenge Cup Final 21st May. I am looking to sell them £120 for both (the cost price). The tickets are e tickets and they would be transferred to the buyers via the official app.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Oskar59 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am Hello

I have two tickets side by side for section L for Challenge Cup Final 21st May. I am looking to sell them £120 for both (the cost price). The tickets are e tickets and they would be transferred to the buyers via the official app.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Section L means lower tier can you narrow it down a bit?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too