Not Long To Wait , But Who Would You Prefer In The Challenge Cup Final ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Not Long To Wait , But Who Would You Prefer In The Challenge Cup Final ?

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

rugbym4dmike wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:20 pm I think Clare has climbed above Youngs now, just depends on how fit Montoyer will be come the final.
Update on 27 Apr by Borthers said:

Argentina hooker Julian Montoya's return from a hamstring injury edges ever nearer, with Borthwick revealing the 27-year-old is well ahead of schedule.

"He was running really well yesterday, he's tracking really well," he said. "He's challenging all the different protocols in terms of recovery from injury and he is tracking ahead of all of them. So I think at this point in time, it is about holding him back to make sure he's fully fit. Hopefully we will see him in the not-so-distant future."

Reckon come 21 May he may well be back in contention.. hope so!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:11 pm Don't envy Borths if Montoya is fit. How the heck do you drop Clare?! There's gonna be some tough decisions to be made all round
I can’t see Montoya starting even if he is fit. I’d expect it would take a few competitive matches - minutes on the pitch - before he would be considered. Perhaps too big a risk to his eventual recovery even if he is one of the best in the world in his position.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Montpellier it is then ....Hopefully we can give out our own French lesson..
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Reckon we will have Andrew Brace as the referee. He refereed the Montpellier match last night and he seems to be pretty hot at the breakdown. If not it could be Mike Adamson but as it’s the final I reckon they might give it to Brace
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am Reckon we will have Andrew Brace as the referee. He refereed the Montpellier match last night and he seems to be pretty hot at the breakdown. If not it could be Mike Adamson but as it’s the final I reckon they might give it to Brace
Please please not Adamson. Happy with Brace.
Not seen Nige for a while. Maybe they’re saving him for finals weekend!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Dokie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:17 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am Reckon we will have Andrew Brace as the referee. He refereed the Montpellier match last night and he seems to be pretty hot at the breakdown. If not it could be Mike Adamson but as it’s the final I reckon they might give it to Brace
Please please not Adamson. Happy with Brace.
Not seen Nige for a while. Maybe they’re saving him for finals weekend!
Yep agreed :smt023

La Rochelle vs Toulouse will likely be Barnes so hopefully we will get Nige but as you say I’m not sure he’s been involved much recently
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If by Nige you mean Owens , I believe he has retired.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:35 pm If by Nige you mean Owens , I believe he has retired.
Of course! I’d forgotten that. Retired last year in Dce 20. Let’s hope we get Brace then!