Dolly
Whitcombe
Cole
Green
Chessum
JVP
McPhillips
Nadolo

Whilst I think we can try and win it I feel we need to get Ford and Genge's last rest week over (and Martin if rules mean needs it)

Personally I'd like to see Henry start, for me although McPhillips has outplayed him recently his bench appearances behind Ford has earnt him a spot in the team.

Brink needs a start so I'd rest Wiese.

Steward I'd rest, give a few guys like Henderson, Chessum, Whitcombe another game.

I also think after his comeback, Nadolo needs managing, he needs some minutes to keep building his body up, but not overdo it so I'd go with the bench for him.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: 7th May - Sale Away

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:19 am Great result last night.
Looking not too far ahead I'd go with this team

Murimurivalu
Potter (if fit)
Moroni
Kelly (if fit)
Porter
Henry
Youngs

De Bruin
Clare
Heyes
Henderson
Lavannini
Brink
Reffell (if fit)
Liebenberg

Dolly
Whitcombe
Cole
Green
Chessum
JVP
McPhillips
Nadolo

Whilst I think we can try and win it I feel we need to get Ford and Genge's last rest week over (and Martin if rules mean needs it)

Personally I'd like to see Henry start, for me although McPhillips has outplayed him recently his bench appearances behind Ford has earnt him a spot in the team.

Brink needs a start so I'd rest Wiese.

Steward I'd rest, give a few guys like Henderson, Chessum, Whitcombe another game.

I also think after his comeback, Nadolo needs managing, he needs some minutes to keep building his body up, but not overdo it so I'd go with the bench for him.
Can’t argue too much with that selection. Agree with giving Ellis and George their second rest week. Would be tempted to rest Liebenberg too and maybe go for a back row of Martin Reffell Brink. If Reffell is still not 100% I’d go with Wallace to avoiding rushing him back too soon as we’ll need him for the final. Same with Potter, would probably go for Van Wyk for this one and give Potter a little more recovery time as I’d start him and Nadolo on the wing for the final. Moroni I think deserves a rest after playing a fair bit so would go with Scott at 13 and maybe switch up the 9s:

Murimurivalu
Van Wyk
Scott
Kelly
Porter
Henry
JvP

De Bruin
Clare
Heyes
Henderson
Lavannini
Martin
Reffell/Wallace
Brink

Dolly
Whitcombe
Cole
Green
Chessum
Youngs
McPhillips
Nadolo

That all said Borthers seems to know what he’s doing so I’ll be happy with whatever he goes for :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Believe that we will see a degree of rotation.However I also believe that the highest possible finishing position in The Premiership remains of importance to achieve.
Any away fixture difficult , Sale no exception.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Borths head on lol!

De Bruin
Clare
Heyes
Lavinini
Henderson
Wells
Brink
Weise
Wigglesworth
McPhillips
Potter
Scott
Moroni
Porter
Murivalu

Dolly,Whitcombe,Cole,Green,Chessum,JVP,Henry,Nadolo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I’d start with Nadolo and keep him on for as long as he can last. Think he needs game time and help get him up to full match fitness for the final. I’d also start with YBY with JVP on the bench, McPhillips at 10.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Agree with selections.
Will be a hard fought game on the back of Fridays performance. However I'd use it as motivation for a W or at least a LBP.
:smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The 8 day period rest may make large wholesale changes unnecessary. If Kelly is back from concussion, I would go with this:

1. Genge
2. Youngs
3. Heyes
4. Lavanini
5. Green
6. Liebenberg
7. Reffell
8. Wiese
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Nadolo
12. Kelly
13. Moroni
14. Murimurivalu
15. Steward
16. Montoya (don't think he is far away)
17. de Bruin
18. Cole
19. Martin
20. Brink
21. JvP
22. Henry
23. Scott
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I would go with
1. De Bruin
2. Youngs
3. Heyes
4. Henderson
5. Lavanini
6. Martin
7. Reffell
8. Brink
9. Youngs
10. McPhillips
11. Nadolo
12. Scott
13. Porter
14. Potter
15. Murimurivalu

16. Dolly
17. Whitcombe
18. Hurd
19. Wells
20. Liebenberg
21. JVP
22. Henry
23. Kelly
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Reffell and Kelly both back and in consideration for the game.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

With the Quins game being 3.30 on the Saturday before the final, I would expect a fair bit of rotation for that game. That may wrap up the mandatory rest periods for the Eng players.
So maybe Sale away will see a stronger side?
It could be argued that Martin, OTY and Cole (and maybe Wigglesworth) have a point to prove after being subbed v Ulster...

In Borthers we trust - he seems to have been spot on selection wise so far....
Less is more....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

WW shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Think we might be better off with the biggest 2nd row we can put out on Fri, Reffell back in the team if fit, Potter on the wing, Nemani to start again for fitness & our patterns of play, might be tempted to give a spot to Whitcombe or Hurd this Fri.

If the England contingent need anymore rest can it wait to Worcester away? , although that's a game we need to manage dodgy knees & legs.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Wells has to be in the mix and if Ford doesn't play I'd go for McPhillips and JvP at half backs and hit Sale with pace.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Referee: Tom Foley (94th Premiership game). Assistant Referees: Andrew Jackson & Jamie Leahy. TMO: Claire Hodnett. Citing Officer: David Guyan.

TMO is the one who seemed very keen to keep jumping in an pinging us for things last time she officiated a Tigers fixture. She’s the one that got Moroni sent to the bin in the Bristol match for a ‘deliberate’ knock on. Can’t say I rate her but she’s a step up from Kitt!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:44 pm Referee: Tom Foley (94th Premiership game). Assistant Referees: Andrew Jackson & Jamie Leahy. TMO: Claire Hodnett. Citing Officer: David Guyan.

TMO is the one who seemed very keen to keep jumping in an pinging us for things last time she officiated a Tigers fixture. She’s the one that got Moroni sent to the bin in the Bristol match for a ‘deliberate’ knock on. Can’t say I rate her but she’s a step up from Kitt!
We have a chance with Foley; better than some. I am also not a fan of Claire Hodnett but Foley will make up his own mind rather than allow himself to be led.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »