7th May - Sale Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: 7th May - Sale Away

Post by sam16111986 »

ourla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:43 am I think the biggest negative on the night was the after match comments in this thread.
I think Borthwick has raised expectations with recent performances and some fans now expect us to pull something out of the bag every game.

I think we also need to get used to the tactics of the first half of every game being kick heavy with the intention of the getting the opposition pack to run. Once they are starting to tire then we start playing.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Offside wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:43 pm We did not increase the physicality as much as last week. We still got knocked back in the carry and they knocked us back in the tackle. Young guys who stand off too much and offer no breakdown threat. They will get better and with some ball some of the young backs look good. Williams needs to stay and develop. Other wingers may need a flight home!
Williams offered more in 15 mins than Van Wyk did in 65.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:39 pm Oh for 15 Liebenbergs!
Well we have another one coming next season in the shape of Van Staden :smt027 :smt027
Let’s pray he’s more Liebenberg and less VW!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

daktari wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:43 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:38 pm Ref was poor but he wasn’t to blame,he and the TMO gifted us 7 points
In what way gifted? Should have been a Penalty Try just be for it and was deff a penalty try when given. How Murimurivalu was a 2nd movement will be investigated by Arthur C Clarke
However many ways you look at it, each one gives the same answer - try!!
Thought Kini had his best game for us.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Crofty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 pm Well pretty much as expected, we were poor, sir was as bad, not really sure any of the fringe players put their hands up to threaten the usual suspects. We badly baldy need an attack coach of we're to harbour any ambitions of anything above 10th next season...
Whilst we do need an attack coach, this is a bit over the top. I think we’ll finish somewhere between 6-8th this season and we’re only going to improve going forward, not fall away to 10th.
Our first half was poor but it’s hard to play well when your 9&10 are having a shocker. Of the fringe/less established players, Henderson, Martin and Kelly certainly put their hands up. We don’t have a top second row. Henderson could well develop into that player.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:53 pm I thought Clare was immense again,what a player he has become! Liebenberg is just on another level,Muri was MOTM. Van Wyks days are numbered,Henry was world class and garbage all in the same game. Kelly looked good at times as did Scott. Anyone?
Scott wasn't playing today??
Yes,he came on and made some great carries.
[/quote
Hahaha. Often thought Scott and Williams must be twins. Just can’t tell them apart!!!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Henderson stood up well.I concur with those who state that our young Lock and Back row options show great potential.They do however need time and opportunity to grow and develop into what are very physically demanding roles.Again, tend to believe that a quality replacement for Lavanini is required come next season - a player that those around him can aspire to emulate and surpass.Not easy to find , but there is always hope....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Dokie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:11 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:39 pm Oh for 15 Liebenbergs!
Well we have another one coming next season in the shape of Van Staden :smt027 :smt027
Let’s pray he’s more Liebenberg and less VW!
Let’s hope so! But from what I’ve seen of him he will be.. he’s a machine! Our back row will be immense
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Now I've had a bit more time to reflect...

It's encouraging that a near-enough second XV can get close to a top 4 side. In recent years our second string would've been absolutely hammered.

There's still a big gap to close between us and the top teams, but at least it's no longer the Grand Canyon.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Note to self: don't come on here after a loss expecting any sort of reality :smt017 :smt044 :smt044
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

It’s worth remembering that last season we lost at home to Sale 40-31 and lost away 36-3. They are flying high at the moment and are a well established top 4 side. We are rebuilding and whilst I was disappointed with many aspect ms of the game last night and with the fact we left empty handed I can see progress once again. Not as evident as previous weeks but the signs are there
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

fentiger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 am Note to self: don't come on here after a loss expecting any sort of reality :smt017 :smt044 :smt044
Well I’d say it’s a forum so you should always expect differing views and people to be allowed to express their feelings. Lots to be positive about still but surely you can appreciate people’s disappointment with last night
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Why wasn’t Muri try given?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Dokie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:08 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 pm

I'm not sure we are, by your own admission our red zone accuracy is dreadful, convert even half those chances and we probably win the majority of our games
I only do A and Z 😂 but seriously it’s so frustrating.
Keep working hard and you might learn a bit more of the alphabet 🥴
A :smt043 Z
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:08 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 pm

I'm not sure we are, by your own admission our red zone accuracy is dreadful, convert even half those chances and we probably win the majority of our games
I only do A and Z 😂 but seriously it’s so frustrating.
Keep working hard and you might learn a bit more of the alphabet 🥴
I’ll give you a Z+ for that one 😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer