Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 7th May - Sale Away

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:31 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 pm Liebenberg, Murimurivalu, Moroni and Brink having good games. Rest has been pretty average
Think Youngs has been good as a player, poor as a captain though
Still think we should give Liebenberg the captaincy long term
100%
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 pm Liebenberg, Murimurivalu, Moroni and Brink having good games. Rest has been pretty average
Box kicks a bit long for me, too slow getting the ball away and a few loose passes... one resulted in 3 points and one killed any chance of scoring late on there. I’m a big fan of him but not been impressed tonight. Would like to see JvP tbh
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:33 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 pm

Still think we should give Liebenberg the captaincy long term
100%
Agreed :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

8 think Sale's fan base should be disappointed, the way we've played they should be our of sight by now but we ended the half more brightly, unlikely but if that's the signal of a significantly better second half then some players will have unblotted their copy books...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

I know it's easy to say that Faf is pulling the strings, controlling things or having a good game generally because that's the accepted safe opinion, but, in fact he's been poor so far. Mistakes and little influence on the game despite Sale having possession and position. We're in trouble if he ups his game second half.

Penalties and elementary errors aside, this is a sound effort from this particular Tigers side. We're competing well at the break down and our line out is functioning well. One or two players will be disappointed with their performances.

Most incredible fact is that there has not been a scrum. Second most incredible fact is that neither the commentators or posters have mentioned it.

Until now.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:33 pm
Box kicks a bit long for me, too slow getting the ball away and a few loose passes... one resulted in 3 points and one killed any chance of scoring late on there. I’m a big fan of him but not been impressed tonight. Would like to see JvP tbh
I think some of the blame for that second one has to go to the three players who were all well positioned to catch it and just tucked their hands behind themselves...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Hard to achieve much when 9&10 are playing so poorly, along with an awful kicking game. But an Ulster type second half could turn it around because Sale aren’t exactly at the top of their game. Need to make some changes early.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’m starting to worry about Martin lately. What is he? A lock? A blindside? He’s not imposing himself in games and looks out of place tbh. Whereas Henderson looks to the manor born. Am I being harsh?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:36 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:33 pm

I think some of the blame for that second one has to go to the three players who were all well positioned to catch it and just tucked their hands behind themselves...
No chance.. just watched it again and there’s nobody in a realistic position to catch that
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Martin to me looks fine.

Some of you (Well one person) really overreacts to stuff
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:40 pm I’m starting to worry about Martin lately. What is he? A lock? A blindside? He’s not imposing himself in games and looks out of place tbh. Whereas Henderson looks to the manor born. Am I being harsh?
I’d forgotten Martin was playing until they mentioned him around the 38 minute mark. When Liebenberg is at 6 you see him all over the place
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm Martin to me looks fine.

Got pulled the last game and will most likely get pulled again soon in this one. Is that fine?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:40 pm I’m starting to worry about Martin lately. What is he? A lock? A blindside? He’s not imposing himself in games and looks out of place tbh. Whereas Henderson looks to the manor born. Am I being harsh?
I’d forgotten Martin was playing until they mentioned him around the 38 minute mark. When Liebenberg is at 6 you see him all over the place
Not just me then!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm
Tbf to Martin he does a lot of the Green type bitty gritty bits with tackles close to the ruck. And he is only 19! He’ll come good in time I am sure.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm Martin to me looks fine.

Got pulled the last game and will most likely get pulled again soon in this one. Is that fine?
For a 19 year old yes