End of BT Sport?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: End of BT Sport?

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ourla wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:18 am I had the free trial for Prime a couple of times. As we already have Netflix, Freeview, YouTube, a Deezer account and don't need next day delivery it's not much value to us but I believe I am right in saying they charge extra for premium content i.e., the latest films. I know they showed some Prem football for free but they were the dregs that Sky/BT didn't want. Are they not likely to charge a premium for the equivalent content that is on BT Sport? If they include it all in a Prime membership I'm in - just will be surprised if they do...
As far as I'm aware they show all the stuff they own free on prime, not just premium stuff.

Shows they don't have rights too are still able to be bought or rented on the prime platform, but this is just purchasing private digital copies of things through the amazon sales.

I may be wrong, but am not aware of anything they own rights to that they charge for
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ourla wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:18 am I had the free trial for Prime a couple of times. As we already have Netflix, Freeview, YouTube, a Deezer account and don't need next day delivery it's not much value to us but I believe I am right in saying they charge extra for premium content i.e., the latest films. I know they showed some Prem football for free but they were the dregs that Sky/BT didn't want. Are they not likely to charge a premium for the equivalent content that is on BT Sport? If they include it all in a Prime membership I'm in - just will be surprised if they do...
they charge for certain films but that is their version of Sky cinema, you can ever rent the film to watch once or buy it to watch when ever you like.

However they do not charge for their live streaming content other than the basic prime subscription
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:19 am Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t BT own all the UKs phone and broadband lines anyway and the others like SKY etc are customers of BT? The only company who own their own are Virgin who has its own cable network.
They call that arm Openreach. I think the competition people made them separate the infrastructure/lines company from the broadband supplier. So BT broadband is a customer of Openreach (also part of the BT group)

Virgin do indeed have their own fibre network although they do use Openreach for those areas where they haven't cabled.

Whilst it's a few years since Sky covered the league, I thought they did it quite well with the exception of Stuart Barnes on commentary. The problem is when you have on company showing the internationals, another the league and another the European games you could end up having to fork out 3 subscriptions. Got to say the rugby is the only thing I watch on BT. Sky has the cricket. Not remotely interested in soccer but if BT give up the rugby, I would prefer Sky to Amazon.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old news but I've only just read that ITV have pulled out of a potential BT Sport deal.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

...hasn't Lineker turned down a contract with BT Sports to go on a European tour with his sons to watch Leicester City!!!
It seems like someone knows there are problems ahead and we are all just catching up.