PREMIERSHIP ROUND 17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: PREMIERSHIP ROUND 17

Post by Big Dai »

So, 2nd row jump starts a charge down on a box kick. Big gangly git hoping to gain advantage.

Sir goes "Back back". By which time the kick has been delayed and the advantage gained. Sir should say "Penalty, offside! "

The fun is stoping the big gangly git gaining an unfair advantage from a premature advance. (I'm in conversation with one now)

I'll realise? Bloomin' cheek! The pass from Umanga today was thrown a yard forward. Healey (That well known drama queen) is paid to ummm and Ahhh. He's irritatingly good at it.

Based on the rule that if it looks wrong it is wrong, that was forward.

The game is going to pot in the intetest of spectacle...... They'll be wearing helmets and lobbing hail Marys in the fourth quarter next!

Harrumph! 😁😁😁😁😁
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:51 pm
Crofty wrote: ↑Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:39 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:37 pm

And Bristol and Quins during the final few games
I think, unless something major clicks for no discernable reason in the next week or two, we've seen all the wins we're going to get this season.

Still, a vast improvement from last year's relegation...
I’m confident about winning away to Worcester
I'm not, did you see how close they pushed Sale during our gong show on Saturday?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

ourla wrote: ↑Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:53 pm If you listen to Austin Healy watching replays, umming and aahhhing, changing his mind about 5 times you will realise it's not.
Austin Healy is your man on the Clapham Omnibus?

Interesting... :smt016
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Premiership Round 17 ends with a good result for Wasps ( Joe Launchbury injury aside) and in turn for ourselves.
For Bath , I guess what goes around comes around.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Any news on Esterhuizens ban yet?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LtPigeon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LtPigeon »

Ben Obano - 5 weeks
Esterhuizen - 6 weeks ( not guilty plea was rejected) - free to play in Final (if Quins get there)
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LtPigeon wrote: ↑Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm Ben Obano - 5 weeks
Esterhuizen - 6 weeks ( not guilty plea was rejected) - free to play in Final (if Quins get there)
Thanks πŸ‘
Quins might struggle for a home semi now without Esterhuizen and Evans out. Can they be caught for top 4?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:52 pm
Thanks πŸ‘
Quins might struggle for a home semi now without Esterhuizen and Evans out. Can they be caught for top 4?
Quins have looked a little vulnerable since the internationals, where they had nobody missing, now others have stepped up I think their spot is the most vulnerable tbh.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thanks πŸ‘
They might be okay if Paul Lasike can get back into the side, a lot of their gameplan is based around having their inside centre getting them over the gainline.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:38 pm
Thanks πŸ‘
They might be okay if Paul Lasike can get back into the side, a lot of their gameplan is based around having their inside centre getting them over the gainline.
He was in the A game v Bath on last friday.