SAINTS AT HOME 24TH APRIL 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: SAINTS AT HOME 24TH APRIL 2021

Post by wellstiger »

Those from the wrong end of Welford Road will not be looking forwards to MWWRd.
They have thus far not put in a 80 min performance. Good in patches, very good in patches and abysmal in patches.
If we maintain our progression and ferocity, we should get this one to bed.

I have no doubt SB knows how valuable this one means.
I have no doubt all the players will be pumped for this one and I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the squad knows who's selected. For those not selected I have no doubt the'll be a gnashing of teeth.

Eeh gods I might get me boots cleaned and kit washed.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’ve watched most of Saints games and they certainly put in 80 v Irish and will be raring to go to get another win against us.
Everyone knows that the team that wants it the most in this derby usually wins.
Think it will be a similar game to Bath: lots of running rugby from them but with Biggar playing it will be in a more controlled way.
I don’t go with resting players now( apart from the enforced rests for Ford and Genge).
The aim will be to win one game at a time. I’d mix the first team and bench so I like the idea of Cole on the bench with Genge starting. JVP and Ford to start with Young’s McPhillips on later! But in Steve Borthwick we trust!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Whatever team SB picks is good enough for me.
Reminds me of the Dinah Washington beauty...
What a difference a ( year)makes...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

fortysix wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:41 pm Whatever team SB picks is good enough for me.
Have to agree re SB but it is interesting to see the different options and it is great that we have so many of them.

We can and should win both the derby and the Ulster game as we have the player depth to achieve both. Discipline is key so I trust SB has drilled that hard this week. I don't mind the odd penalty for, say, a 7 being off side at the breakdown as their job is to live on the edge but giving away stupid penalties because of lack of self control has to end. Learn from the mistakes and getting better is the sign of a team on the move in the right direction.

Hopefully we won't have one eyed Lol doing the commentary :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Noggs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 am [quote=fortysix post_id=777218 time=<a href="tel:1618861280">1618861280</a> user_id=9811]
Whatever team SB picks is good enough for me.
Have to agree re SB but it is interesting to see the different options and it is great that we have so many of them.

We can and should win both the derby and the Ulster game as we have the player depth to achieve both. Discipline is key so I trust SB has drilled that hard this week. I don't mind the odd penalty for, say, a 7 being off side at the breakdown as their job is to live on the edge but giving away stupid penalties because of lack of self control has to end. Learn from the mistakes and getting better is the sign of a team on the move in the right direction.

[/quote]

Not sure about beating Ulster. Heart always says Tigers will win but head says we are definitely underdogs, though this may suite SB fine. Ulster are having a very good season and have dished out some thrashings to good teams this season. Only Leinster have made them look second best and they gave Toulouse a good run for their money. They’ll also be targeting the Tigers game. Personally, I think if we beat Ulster, either Baaaaarth or Montpellier are both very juicy prospects and not to be feared.

As for Saints game, it’s simple. It’s simply inconceivable that Tigers should do anything other than win! T
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

[/quote]

It's not his eyes I have a problem with. Just his mouth :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:18 am Hopefully we won't have one eyed Lol doing the commentary :smt009
[/quote]

I hear he's having his teeth out and a foot fitted :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Noggs wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am
voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:18 am Hopefully we won't have one eyed Lol doing the commentary :smt009
[/quote]

If you have watched him sat on Rugby Tonight he has Drummers foot..
Can't stand the bloke, great player,
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicester Tigers v Northampton Saints (Mattioli Woods Welford Road) - Live on BT Sport 3HD, programme starts at 3pm, kick-off at 3pm

Referee: Karl Dickson

Assistant Referees: Wayne Falla and Rob Warburton

TMO: Nigel Carrick

Citing Officer: Chris Catling

Well at least it's not Kitt as TMO.. not optimistic about the standard of refereeing we are going to see on Sat but I am confident about another solid Tigers performance.. COYT :smt038
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Noggs wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am
[/quote]

Someone once said he would make a good coach... particularly if you took his teeth out and replaced them with seats :smt023 :smt044
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Well it would appear the Sinners & Us are on the naughty step with the allocation of Sir.....another afternoon of clueless officiating...all of a sudden the Euro semi ref looks a whole lot better....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

With Dickson reffing both sides will be worried about the way he refs. Sadly, having watched him ref games that involve us and those that don’t, I’ve rarely seen him ref well or consistently. Too much reliance on the TMO and doesn’t communicate with the players in a clear way. I’m sure he’s a very decent bloke so hope this is the game he gets it right!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dickson makes CMK look like Barnes!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:51 pm Dickson makes CMK look like Barnes!
To be fair to CMK I think he's improved significantly this season, but he's nowhere near Barnes' class, yet. He may one day be there or there abouts
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Simply hope for a win - the how does not matter.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....