Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: SAINTS AT HOME 24TH APRIL 2021

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Not playing that well but still in this. Without the intercept we'd actually be leading 10 - 8. Just need to tighten up on discipline 2nd half.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Dickson has been fine.

We've butchered several opportunities.

We've also been lucky that Scott didn't get a red and that Mitchell has gone off injured.

But, overall, it's been fairly even and all to play for in the second half.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:53 pm Not playing that well but still in this. Without the intercept we'd actually be leading 10 - 8. Just need to tighten up on discipline 2nd half.
Gifted them 10 points with that and the penalty. Accuracy just isn’t quite there, think it just shows where we are.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hill has played well for Saints, dominant carrying in the tight and is scrummaging well, I don’t know what Boyd was so glum about pre-match as Painter would have never played like that.
Last edited by JP14 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think the last couple weeks have just reminded everyone that we are a team that is still building and we are nowhere near what we want to be currently (Something to Borthwick has stressed TBF)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:58 pm I think the last couple weeks have just reminded everyone that we are a team that is still building and we are nowhere near what we want to be currently (Something to Borthwick has stressed TBF)
+1.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:58 pm I think the last couple weeks have just reminded everyone that we are a team that is still building and we are nowhere near what we want to be currently (Something to Borthwick has stressed TBF)
It is what it is, we've improved massively from being the twelfth best team last season but probably only to tenth best...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Van Wyk is playing like a headless chicken, and we cannot pass or catch a ball in the 22 . If we have any chance we must turn pressure into points we are playing very poorly making it easy for Saints to defend. Discipline has been better but to gift Saints 3 points was indefensible and unnecessary . I am praying for a better 2nd 40 we must step it up.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:01 pm Van Wyk is playing like a headless chicken, and we cannot pass or catch a ball in the 22 . If we have any chance we must turn pressure into points we are playing very poorly making it easy for Saints to defend. Discipline has been better but to gift Saints 3 points was indefensible and unnecessary . I am praying for a better 2nd 40 we must step it up.
Van Wyk definitely behind Potter in the pecking order for me now
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

We’ve had a shocker of a half but we are still in this. Saints look like they can be beaten. Just need to stick up our jumper and go route 1. The ref is not the cause of us making unforced errors.

Van Wyk is just not inspiring confidence. And BY’s decision making is on holiday today.

One bright light - N...A....D....O.....L....O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Saints are missing two of their best players though,and another one has gone off!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Too many errors.

Not sure why Van Wyke gets the nod on the wing over players who have been playing well.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

We always seem surprised at the restarts.. it’s such an Achilles heel for us
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So inability to field restarts has almost completely cancelled out our try with 2 quick penalties either side of HT