SAINTS AT HOME 24TH APRIL 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: SAINTS AT HOME 24TH APRIL 2021

Post by JP14 »

Really good side, great to see Nadolo back as well. C’mon you Tigers!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Like many others make mention, absolutely great to Nadolo back....hopefully the big man can play at least some part.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Very strong team and agree I thought Reffel needed a rest. Superb bench, Brink adds real physicality and Nadolo is a match winner. JVP is also a much better option for the final quarter.

Saints missing some big players up front. Lawes and Isiekwe are obvious. Painter has scrummaged really well this year but they may lack bulk in the tight. They have a very talented and fast back line. Sleighthome, Hutchinson, Furbank etc.

Very hopeful of a Tigers win and really hope Ford shows that he is a better player than Biggar.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:28 pm I cannot wait for this game! Unfortunately, I’ll be at work so will have to watch it tomorrow night.

Come on you Tigers!!
I'll be on a cricket pitch so I may join you in the evening viewing!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:51 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:28 pm I cannot wait for this game! Unfortunately, I’ll be at work so will have to watch it tomorrow night.

Come on you Tigers!!
I'll be on a cricket pitch so I may join you in the evening viewing!
:smt023
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Delighted to see Hanro back. Thought we missed him last week.
I'm not cynical just experienced
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

Wow what a match day 23! Great to see Hanro back in the team and the strength across the backs. Those times when I worried about our replacement front row are a thing of the past. Good to see Nadalo on the bench and I hope he's used the last 8 weeks or so to really improve his contribution to the team as I just couldn't share the apparent acclaim for him from his previous appearances prior to his unfortunate injury. Hope I am proved wrong!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

moorsman1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:53 pm Wow what a match day 23! Great to see Hanro back in the team and the strength across the backs. Those times when I worried about our replacement front row are a thing of the past. Good to see Nadalo on the bench and I hope he's used the last 8 weeks or so to really improve his contribution to the team as I just couldn't share the apparent acclaim for him from his previous appearances prior to his unfortunate injury. Hope I am proved wrong!
Erm...that’s wind up re Nadolo, right?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Van Wyk needs to step up now, serious pressure from Murimurivalu and Potter for his place
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Saints backs have played some absolute filth recently. Fast flowing, game winning rugby...We'll need to defend for our lives!

"They can't play without the ball and they can't run without their legs." As my old coach used to say.

Three words.
Possession, Defence, Discipline.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:08 pm Saints backs have played some absolute filth recently. Fast flowing, game winning rugby...We'll need to defend for our lives!

"They can't play without the ball and they can't run without their legs." As my old coach used to say.

Three words.
We should get possession from the set piece and we have been reasonable in the main in defence. My three words are Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Noggs wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:08 pm Saints backs have played some absolute filth recently. Fast flowing, game winning rugby...We'll need to defend for our lives!

Three words.
We should get possession from the set piece and we have been reasonable in the main in defence. My three words are Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. :smt023
There is that. 15 men, 80 minutes! :smt023
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Noggs wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm

Three words.
With Sir sometimes it's possible to be disciplined and still struggle. We have to be able to adapt to how he ref's the game
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Wayne Barnes is giving a master class of how to ref in the Bristol v Chiefs game.
I hope Mr. Dickson is watching!
Really nervous but excited about the game tomorrow.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Van Wyk needs to hold back on the brain-farts! Same for Wiese, absolutely love his aggression, but got to keep a lid on it.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….