Rainbow Cup trial rules

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tjs10inOz

Re: Rainbow Cup trial rules

Post by tjs10inOz »

LessThanSte wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 am As an aside, i wonder how players of this era would cope with the pace of the game in the past. I suspect they'd struggle. One of these days i'll time the actual play - i suspect its around 60 minutes max!
RWC ball in play stats:
https://www.statsperform.com/resource/r ... 0increase.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

As a further aside and not wishing to be pessimistic , the news regarding The Rainbow Cup does little for the prospects of the Pro 16 whilst Covid remains prevalent.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

daktari wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:29 pm If I wanted to watch League, I would. Stop tinkering with the flipping’ laws and apply the ones we already have. Few more years the scrum will be gone along with the fans
+1

Whats wrong with a 5m scrum?

Offside at the ruck needs sorting and if we have to these endless, pre-engaged drives with the defence off side half a yard from the line, blow it up as a mess sharpish and get back to a 5m scrum. (preferably with a passive engage and that results in a proper shoving contest or a speedy delivery to open play.)

Sometimes you have to look back to move forwards..
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

There is little wrong with the current laws. They just need to be enforced more.

I sincerely hope these 'experimental' law changes end up where they belong, in the bin :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

A solution to the elite rugby scrum farce is to ban resets and force refs to do a more efficient and accurate job.

If a scrum collapses its mostly because a front row has slipped due to either not binding properly, bad angle and/or height of engagement, not allowing for slippery conditions or for just being out muscled. All of which are penalty offences.

Not hooking, not throwing in straight, not forming within 30 seconds of the mark being made, SH's pushing and shoving, No8's slingshot binds are again all FK/PK offences.

Even when a scrum wheels refs reset too often because not enough focus is on who caused it.

Basically refs have to be so much stricter and much more accurate to put the responsibility back on the pack to change their mindsets and be more honest. Bring an AR on to the pitch at scrum time if needed!

Why is it that at community level the resets are significantly lower? Refs at elite level seem to operate on a different agenda.