Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: EUROPEAN SEMI FINALS

Post by ourla »

Looks like the Rainbow Cup will be off

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... n-20362793

But I am sure the domestic derbies will continue to keep things ticking over for Ulster and Leinster.

Tigers have rotated a lot and will continue to do so and I think even with the Prem games before had should still be reasonably fresh, fit and firing for it.

So I think all in all both teams will be in good shape going into the game. And the best team will win on the day.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ourla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:16 am And the best team will win on the day.
Don't think anyone can argue with that :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

May as well play Ulster at home in the semies, than on another ground in the Final.
LtPigeon
Tiger Cub

Post by LtPigeon »

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

ourla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:16 am Looks like the Rainbow Cup will be off

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... n-20362793

But I am sure the domestic derbies will continue to keep things ticking over for Ulster and Leinster.

Tigers have rotated a lot and will continue to do so and I think even with the Prem games before had should still be reasonably fresh, fit and firing for it.

So I think all in all both teams will be in good shape going into the game. And the best team will win on the day.
Looks like it's back on again
https://www.the42.ie/rainbow-cup-south- ... 4-Apr2021/
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:20 pm Looks like it's back on again
https://www.the42.ie/rainbow-cup-south- ... 4-Apr2021/
Only match that concerns us is that Ulster will play Connaught the week before the play us. So they get a weekend off this weekend and a nice warm up match before the big day. Excellent. They shall have no excuses when we kick their butts :smt003 :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes! Friday night. Chuffed,curry and a few beers. Might even have a nice bottle of scotch
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm Yes! Friday night. Chuffed,curry and a few beers. Might even have a nice bottle of scotch
Me too.. :smt023

although not the scotch.. a few cheeky beers though :smt030
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicester Tigers v Ulster Rugby
Friday 30 April – Mattioli Woods Welford Road (20.00)
Referee: Pascal Gauzère (Fra); Assistant referees: Mathieu Raynal (Fra), Alex Ruiz (Fra); TMO: Eric Gauzins (Fra); Citing Commissioner: Jeff Mark (Wal)

In the words of Blackadder: Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply says: ":censored:"
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I will say if first " please not Gauzère" :smt022
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:31 am I will say if first " please not Gauzère" :smt022
And the assistant referee Ruiz was the TMO for the Wales England match so we have a top quality set of officials for this massive knockout match!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Why may we not assume that M. Gauzere has learned and progressed as we expect players to? I'm sure we will speak to him about his expectations and, I hope, play him out of the game. Remember - they only referee when you are doing it wrong.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 am Why may we not assume that M. Gauzere has learned and progressed as we expect players to? I'm sure we will speak to him about his expectations and, I hope, play him out of the game. Remember - they only referee when you are doing it wrong.
He was Wigglesworth standard well before the England debacle despite reffing his first top flight club game in 2006 and first international in 2009. His decisions that day for me shows that after some 15 years he has not learned or progressed as we expect players to.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

He is a very experienced ref but some of he recent decisions beggar belief. I believe he did admit he was wrong regarding the decision to allow the Welsh to take the early cross field penalty kick before England had chance to spread their defensive line, having been asked to call the players together by the ref. However, the arrogance of not at least listening to what England had to say was not acceptable.

That said, we know the way he refs games and we need to be on our game and quick enough to take advantage of situations as if and when they occur. To that end Ben Youngs and Ford should start as both have very sharp rugby brains.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!