EUROPEAN SEMI FINALS

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: EUROPEAN SEMI FINALS

Post by Scott1 »

They should stop using their league as a vehicle for European and international rugby then and it might be more competitive! Its always been a garbage league bar the odd game.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:12 pm They should stop using their league as a vehicle for European and international rugby then and it might be more competitive! Its always been a garbage league bar the odd game.
As always, the voice of reason.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:12 pm They should stop using their league as a vehicle for European and international rugby then and it might be more competitive! Its always been a garbage league bar the odd game.
As always, the voice of reason.
It’s true though. Before I had BT I used to watch a lot of PRO14 games on BBC Scotland/Wales/NI etc. Shocking for the most part,Championship level. I’m not disputing there are some good teams in it,but as a league it’s easily the 4th best out of the big 4 (GP/Top 14/SR/PRO14)
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I don't buy the 'undercooked' excuse. It cuts both ways, would Tigers have faired better in 09 vs Leinster if we hadn't been so stretched on two or more fronts? :smt017
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I always thought we'd have won that if Toby Flood hadn't been injured.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ads wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 pm I always thought we'd have won that if Toby Flood hadn't been injured.
Flood didn't have great luck with injuries around finals time did he, he missed the Leinster, Irish and Quins finals and got injured in the Saints one pretty early on
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

ads wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 pm I always thought we'd have won that if Toby Flood hadn't been injured.
We lost that game when Crane went off injured. We had a 10 point lead but let them get back into it as he was our go to player to carry us out of trouble. He was arguably never the same player after that season.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Julien Marchand cited following Toulouse semi final victory...

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/toulouse ... red-cards/

Could well have some free time on May 22
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....