Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Away vs Bath 18th April

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:01 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:00 pm I reckon Liebenberg will miss out after the knock to the head. Personally I don’t think Martin needs a rest. He got very little game time with England and hasn’t actually played a huge amount this season. I would go:

1. Genge
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Lavanini
6. Martin
7. Wallace
8. Weise

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Muri
12. Kelly
13. Moroni
14 . Potter
15. Steward

DeBruin, Clare, Heyes, Green, Chessum, JVP, McPhillips, Porter
Nice! Almost identical 👍
Yep very similar. I’d like to see Martin keep up his game time as he’s really performing well and hasn’t had many minutes this season. Like Porter on the bench as a utility back. I’d switch Green back in for some experience against Bath and give Henderson a week off. Otherwise pretty much the same
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

All fit players will want to play and especially Martin who hasn’t played much all season.
Zac Henry has, and that includes Ford, been the best at kicking penalties to touch but like McPhillips his kicking for goal is nowhere near as good as Ford.
Agree that Genge needs to be in all the squads as he hasn’t played much.
Scrum half: Young’s and JVP as Spencer is a huge player for them.
It will be interesting what Bath do as Watson hasn’t been rested yet.
Their pack is now at almost full strength and Zac Mercer and Falatau are excellent players so it’s a shame Hanro will be out.
Will Brink be fit!
All games are huge now and there’s no time like the present to try to make something special happen! Top 4?
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Think I’d read that Moroni has started the last 11 games? If that’s right I wouldn’t be surprised to see him given a breather and Taute come in for him this week.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerMac3 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 am Think I’d read that Moroni has started the last 11 games? If that’s right I wouldn’t be surprised to see him given a breather and Taute come in for him this week.
Think that was a mistake, he did rest out of the Exeter game where Kelly and Scott performed quite well as a centre partnership
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Think that it is more likely that they would put Scott at 13 and bring in Kelly. Scott has been very consistent and makes excellent defensive decisions.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes I would prefer Scott at 13. But I would like to see Taute tried at 12 too at some point.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Game delayed until Sunday
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Noggs wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:31 pm Game delayed until Sunday
Always was Sunday as far as I was aware? Could be wrong though but it's on my Sky planner as Sunday 3pm on BT Sport 1 from 2pm...
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Sorry, my mistake. I really do need to get my post lock down eye test soon :smt009
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:12 pm All fit players will want to play and especially Martin who hasn’t played much all season.
Zac Henry has, and that includes Ford, been the best at kicking penalties to touch but like McPhillips his kicking for goal is nowhere near as good as Ford.
Agree that Genge needs to be in all the squads as he hasn’t played much.
Scrum half: Young’s and JVP as Spencer is a huge player for them.
It will be interesting what Bath do as Watson hasn’t been rested yet.
Their pack is now at almost full strength and Zac Mercer and Falatau are excellent players so it’s a shame Hanro will be out.
Will Brink be fit!
All games are huge now and there’s no time like the present to try to make something special happen! Top 4?
Do we know if Zac Henry has ever or can play centre?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I don't think so.

He was a very good 7's player and can play across the back line with fullback being the preferred back line position. That said I suspect he could play inside center if needed.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I wouldn’t be surprised if we swopped the bench over from the Falcons game. Fresher legs and get maximum use of a now extended and highly capable squad of 23+. Some key figures in certain positions that give us that spine are essential but rotation of players around this spine is highly likely. Who and where on the pitch is anyone’s guess ✊...but I now believe that we can bring a squad to truly compete at all our games from now 👍
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Who gives a monkeys about a UK team , selected for political reasons, when the only thing that matters is Leicester Tigers getting back to No 1 . Borthwick undoubtedly will achieve that, so thank heaven he turned it down..
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

fortysix wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 pm Who gives a monkeys about a UK team
Funnily enough, a lot of people.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Can't say I'm fussed about the Lions this time round.