Away vs Bath 18th April

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Re: Away vs Bath 18th April

Post by Pellsey »

Since when does anyone want the game to be sped up if you are Tigers fan?!! We have always played a slow forwards based game! ;)
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

IMHO it makes the game a little too panicy.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm Might not bother watching this one the way peoples moods are today! 😂
Definitely worth watching, watching just switch off the last 5min
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Wiese is a find, a potential world class player with a abit of cocky niggle we have needed for so long, yes he makes the odd hot headed mistake but that’s just how he is, he is a beast of an 8 who stomps the yards, something we have missed and he is a character and still young, give the guy a break, for me he is breath of fresh air, a potential legend and SA international in the making, we lost the game today for numerous reasons, one being Wiese putting a player back in his box, we also earned points with some of his beast mode runs.
He is a Tiger great in the making!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Crofty wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:33 pm
GETHIN EXILE wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:30 pm Can anyone explain the following
Bath scrum concedes every free kick possible and then is penalised is this not a yellow for persistent offending?
Line throw straight to man standing at front of line surely "not straight"
Bath player flops on top of our players at tackle we get penalised for supporting players not staying on feet.
Scott tackles player around ankles and before he can roll away 2 bath players bind over him to prevent him rolling away.
Bath player dives at legs of our player stood at back of tackle/ruck and is not penalised.
Spencer disagrees with ref over scrum awarded in final minute - in my mind clear dissent should have been penalty to us.
Kitty...
He has history, and if rumour is to be believed then apparently he really dislikes reffing at Welford Road.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:26 pm
GETHIN EXILE wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:30 pm Can anyone explain the following
Bath scrum concedes every free kick possible and then is penalised is this not a yellow for persistent offending?
Line throw straight to man standing at front of line surely "not straight"
Bath player flops on top of our players at tackle we get penalised for supporting players not staying on feet.
Scott tackles player around ankles and before he can roll away 2 bath players bind over him to prevent him rolling away.
Bath player dives at legs of our player stood at back of tackle/ruck and is not penalised.
Spencer disagrees with ref over scrum awarded in final minute - in my mind clear dissent should have been penalty to us.
Kitty...
He has history, and if rumour is to be believed then apparently he really dislikes reffing at Welford Road.
Odd that, he seems to have much glee spluttering about penalties against Tigers. Maybe we don't give him as many opportunities as he'd like :smt040
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

All is good 👍
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Tigers played very well and Wiese unlucky as he made a great break which should have been finished off. Then we gave away a couple of silly penalties in their 22.
Needed Hanro on at the end along with Lavanini to add some grunt. Thought Pearce was ok but touch judge and TMO still a bit off for us but no real complaints there.
Learn from this game and beating Saints will be huge to beat them and get ready for Ulster.
I’d have taken a point before the game because on paper I thought Bath looked slightly stronger. Zac Mercer has been Bath’s best forward for the past 2-3 seasons so will be a huge loss. Next week there is the different threat of Biggar and Mitchell.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Gotta give a shout out to Potter and Kelly. Thought they were generally excellent.
Last edited by MCC1964 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:28 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Kitty...
Odd that, he seems to have much glee spluttering about penalties against Tigers. Maybe we don't give him as many opportunities as he'd like :smt040
Did you hear him at FT? “Good job guys” or words to that affect on the ref mic.. yes I probably whinge a bit more about the officials than the next bloke but Kitty really gets my back up.. the way he chips in against us yet we never seem to get anything from him. Neck rolls completely unpunished, 4 of them I reckon.. just very obviously one sided.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:47 pm Gotta give a shout out to Potter and Kelly. Thought they were generally excellent.
Porter wasn’t playing :smt017

Edit.. it just changed
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:47 pm Gotta give a shout out to Potter and Kelly. Thought they were generally excellent.
Kelly ahead of Scott for me now
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Gutted. :smt010
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Been very impressed by Potter and Kelly. Potter’s defensive work and aerial ability has surprised me. I thought the back line fronted up very well against their more acclaimed opponents.

SB’s replacement of Youngs seemed odd and it suits our fitness far better having a quicker 9 coming off the bench for the final 20. Wiggs experience is valuable but I didn’t really see it’s value today over JVP. Also we missed a trick not kicking for the corner more. We seemed to have an edge when we did try to maul them.

Ford’s missed conversion, Weise and Heyes idiocy- all fine margins but the truth is the ref didn’t cost us the game. We did not keep our heads.

The commentators are very blinkered. Lol calling for a yellow on a maul going nowhere 8 metres out was quite ridiculous. They seem so overtly negative about us as a club.

Bath going nowhere fast under Hooper. As usual they should be far better than they are. We gave them the game- several times over. Having said that I do still feel we are moving forwards- when was the last time we went to Bath and should have won the game? Yes infuriating but the team will hopefully not make the same mistakes again.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:18 pm Been very impressed by Potter and Kelly. Potter’s defensive work and aerial ability has surprised me. I thought the back line fronted up very well against their more acclaimed opponents.

SB’s replacement of Youngs seemed odd and it suits our fitness far better having a quicker 9 coming off the bench for the final 20. Wiggs experience is valuable but I didn’t really see it’s value today over JVP. Also we missed a trick not kicking for the corner more. We seemed to have an edge when we did try to maul them.

Ford’s missed conversion, Weise and Heyes idiocy- all fine margins but the truth is the ref didn’t cost us the game. We did not keep our heads.

The commentators are very blinkered. Lol calling for a yellow on a maul going nowhere 8 metres out was quite ridiculous. They seem so overtly negative about us as a club.

Bath going nowhere fast under Hooper. As usual they should be far better than they are. We gave them the game- several times over. Having said that I do still feel we are moving forwards- when was the last time we went to Bath and should have won the game? Yes infuriating but the team will hopefully not make the same mistakes again.
+1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"