Away vs Bath 18th April

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GETHIN EXILE

Re: Away vs Bath 18th April

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 pm What happened to Thomas? Off the ball and HIA apparently,anything in it for the citing officer?
Heyes ran through him at the line out, which he got penalised for, in my opinion he shouldn't have been hanging around after the ball had gone
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 pm What happened to Thomas? Off the ball and HIA apparently,anything in it for the citing officer?
Heyes gave him a push. Looked like he was pulling out of a tackle as Bath had thrown it to Thomas at the front of the lineout so he could quickly give it to Spencer. He must have landed badly. TMO got involved and pinged Heyes for the kind of nothing push you see quite a bit during the game. The TMO likes to jump in when he's not needed I've noticed previously
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:30 pm Can anyone explain the following
Bath scrum concedes every free kick possible and then is penalised is this not a yellow for persistent offending?
Line throw straight to man standing at front of line surely "not straight"
Bath player flops on top of our players at tackle we get penalised for supporting players not staying on feet.
Scott tackles player around ankles and before he can roll away 2 bath players bind over him to prevent him rolling away.
Bath player dives at legs of our player stood at back of tackle/ruck and is not penalised.
Spencer disagrees with ref over scrum awarded in final minute - in my mind clear dissent should have been penalty to us.
You’ve missed the 4 neck rolls conveniently not seen by the ‘oh so keen to chip in’ TMO
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:33 pm
GETHIN EXILE wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:30 pm Can anyone explain the following
Bath scrum concedes every free kick possible and then is penalised is this not a yellow for persistent offending?
Line throw straight to man standing at front of line surely "not straight"
Bath player flops on top of our players at tackle we get penalised for supporting players not staying on feet.
Scott tackles player around ankles and before he can roll away 2 bath players bind over him to prevent him rolling away.
Bath player dives at legs of our player stood at back of tackle/ruck and is not penalised.
Spencer disagrees with ref over scrum awarded in final minute - in my mind clear dissent should have been penalty to us.
Kitty...
Couldn’t have put it better myself :smt005 :smt005 :smt011
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:27 pm
Dokie wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:13 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:52 pm All well and good lamenting Wiese but I can’t for the life off my see why he gets penalised and Mercer nothing?
It’s because he’s run in to do it. If he’d been part of it, nothing would have been given.
No it's because the ref had lost all control and panicked and picked the guy who looked the strongest. Heyes should have been pinged really as he started it. Weise just broke it up in a physical way.

Pearce made up for the lack of crowd by giving Bath most the 50/50 calls. Their scrum conceded a multitude of penalties. If they'd been a French ref Stuart would have been in the bin.

We should have put the game to bed when we were in the ascendancy during that second half. I'd actually argue Matt Scott hurt us as much if not more than Weise as he conceded two pens in the Bath 22 and one in our 22 near the death. Though one of those pens in the Bath 22 no ref has given all season that I'm aware of, Pearce was very pedantry in places
Don’t choose Pearce as your scapegoat. No complaints about his performance.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:45 pm
It’s because he’s run in to do it. If he’d been part of it, nothing would have been given.
No it's because the ref had lost all control and panicked and picked the guy who looked the strongest. Heyes should have been pinged really as he started it. Weise just broke it up in a physical way.

Pearce made up for the lack of crowd by giving Bath most the 50/50 calls. Their scrum conceded a multitude of penalties. If they'd been a French ref Stuart would have been in the bin.

We should have put the game to bed when we were in the ascendancy during that second half. I'd actually argue Matt Scott hurt us as much if not more than Weise as he conceded two pens in the Bath 22 and one in our 22 near the death. Though one of those pens in the Bath 22 no ref has given all season that I'm aware of, Pearce was very pedantry in places
Didn’t watch but are you saying the multiple posts citing missed neck rolls are untrue? Just getting a feel of things
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Indeed, TMO Kitty is the villan
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I understand replays and multiple camera angles but how is a ref in the heat of the action missing multiple neck rolls? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Pearce had a decent game for me. Not perfect but it was Kitt that annoyed me. Very one sided as usual. That all said we only have ourselves to blame for losing that today. We had done enough to win it and our Ill discipline cost us. Maybe it’s a good time to learn this lesson.. we need to sort our discipline out!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Might not bother watching this one the way peoples moods are today! 😂
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm Might not bother watching this one the way peoples moods are today! 😂
Worth a watch, we did well and beat the spread. Just missing that last 5-10% to nullify the TMO and we're sorted.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm Might not bother watching this one the way peoples moods are today! 😂
It was a really good game to be honest just an annoying last 5 minutes
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm
Crofty wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:47 pm
Pearce had a decent game for me. Not perfect but it was Kitt that annoyed me. Very one sided as usual. That all said we only have ourselves to blame for losing that today. We had done enough to win it and our Ill discipline cost us. Maybe it’s a good time to learn this lesson.. we need to sort our discipline out!
I thought you were being sarcastic before. His constant "use it" made me switch the sound off, only feeling it necessary to switch it on again to have his decisions explained.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I actually like Pearce as a referee. He speeds the game up and stops time wasting at the set piece. I thought he had an odd game today where he didn't really ref consistently. He let things flow at times and was then very picky at others without warning. He's the mostly likely successor to Barnes as the best ref in the league but I thought some of his calls today were a little off. You'd expect the home side to get the 50/50 calls normally but it hasn't really been such a thing through the time of no crowds.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Very close game as we all predicted.. Wiese doesn’t get involved and chances are we are all praising a dogged Tigers display that has lifted us up to 6th and achieved only our 2nd win at the Rec in 15 years.. as it is... well.. I don’t need to say any more! :smt012