FANTASY SAXONS/ENGLAND SUMMER TOUR 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: FANTASY SAXONS/ENGLAND SUMMER TOUR 23

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For me I’d still want more experience in the test XV, regardless of whether the opposition might be a step down to who we normally play against.

Genge Dunn Stuart
Ribbans Ewels
Martin Dombrandt Earl
Randall Ford
Devoto Slade
Cokanasiga Steward Nowell

Obano Singleton Heyes Isiekwe Barbeary JVP Smith Odogwu
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 pm For me I’d still want more experience in the test XV, regardless of whether the opposition might be a step down to who we normally play against.

Genge Dunn Stuart
Ribbans Ewels
Martin Dombrandt Earl
Randall Ford
Devoto Slade

Very good 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Malins looked very good on the left wing for Bristol, would be interesting to see him there for England. At test level not sure he’s good enough under the high ball for 15. Undoubtedly a supreme talent as us Tigers fans know for the tries he’s scored against us.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:49 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 pm For me I’d still want more experience in the test XV, regardless of whether the opposition might be a step down to who we normally play against.

Genge Dunn Stuart
Ribbans Ewels
Martin Dombrandt Earl
Randall Ford
Devoto Slade

Very good 👍
Good side Scott. Thinking about England have so much depth at half back, full back, and most of the pack but I’m really struggling to think of another young number 8 apart from Dombrandt? Also any inside centres that could make the grade who’ve broken through recently? England have a serious weakness there.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Genge Dunn Stuart
Ribbans Ewels
Martin Dombrandt Earl
Randall Ford
Devoto Slade

Very good 👍
Good side Scott. Thinking about England have so much depth at half back, full back, and most of the pack but I’m really struggling to think of another young number 8 apart from Dombrandt? Also any inside centres that could make the grade who’ve broken through recently? England have a serious weakness there.
Dan Kelly must be close,good carrier, offloads in the tackle,pumps his legs and stays upright long enough so he gets teammates there for support and doenst get turned over. Havnt really noticed his defence though and am not sure about his kicking game. It was LTT squad by the way,can't take credit for it.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Very good 👍
Dan Kelly must be close,good carrier, offloads in the tackle,pumps his legs and stays upright long enough so he gets teammates there for support and doenst get turned over. Havnt really noticed his defence though and am not sure about his kicking game. It was LTT squad by the way,can't take credit for it.
I'd say Kelly's defensive work rate has been on of his standout features this season, against Bath he made 3 tackles in one phase!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

O'Conor and Kelly are 2 young 12's who have really impressed me
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:32 pm O'Conor and Kelly are 2 young 12's who have really impressed me
Agreed, surprised O'Conor hasn't been involved with England already due to his versatility
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Genge Dunn Stuart
Ribbans Ewels
Martin Dombrandt Earl
Randall Ford
Devoto Slade

I think it depends on what your primary objective is for the summer. If it's win the games then definitely something akin to what you've gone for. If it's develop the squad depth and increase competition then I'd argue a number of those selections do absolutely nothing for us. Particularly 1, 3, 10, 12 and 13.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Can anyone tell me who the upcoming centres are? Lawrence? Really struggling to think of exciting young centres whilst there are plenty in many other positions.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Genge Dunn Stuart
Ribbans Ewels
Martin Dombrandt Earl
Randall Ford
Devoto Slade

I think it depends on what your primary objective is for the summer. If it's win the games then definitely something akin to what you've gone for. If it's develop the squad depth and increase competition then I'd argue a number of those selections do absolutely nothing for us. Particularly 1, 3, 10, 12 and 13.
This is just a list of players who have caught my eye this year. If the aim is to discover the next group of England players-

Rodd
Barbeiry
Heyes
Painter
Martin
Max Reid
Quirke
Van Portvliet
Alex Mitchell
Smith
Umaga
Lawrence
Odogwu
Steward
Lynagh
Hodge
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 pm Can anyone tell me who the upcoming centres are? Lawrence? Really struggling to think of exciting young centres whilst there are plenty in many other positions.
Marchant is 26 I think but I guess he fits the bill.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

What a player Marcus Smith is. Unbelievable.

I'd like to see him picked over Ford. I'm a huge fan of George but we know what he can do on the international stage, I hope we get to see what Smith can do. Love the way he plays the game.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Dokie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:53 pm Marchant is 26 I think but I guess he fits the bill.
He’s 24 according to Wikipedia! And is absolutely class, deserves a run at 13.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm Good side Scott. Thinking about England have so much depth at half back, full back, and most of the pack but I’m really struggling to think of another young number 8 apart from Dombrandt? Also any inside centres that could make the grade who’ve broken through recently? England have a serious weakness there.
Mercer, although he’s off to France. Callum Chick apparently played well this weekend, and he made a few breaks against us. Barbeary, if 8 is where he ends up.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.