Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter final 2021 v Newcastle

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:49 pm Think Henry could be in trouble if Burns shows.
McPhillips seems to be a bit more consistent than Henry. Perhaps coming through the academy system in England and then Ulster helps him play in a more structured environment? They spoke today about how Burns can cover 15 as well and how they expect Steward to be with England sooner or later. Given the need for cover in the back three it looks like Henry and McPhillips will stay with Bonilla moving on.
all 3 of Burns, McPhillips and Henry can play 10 or 15, no reason why you couldn't interchange them in a game where 2 are starting to keep the defence guessing
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Wonder when Franco Smith rocks up? Will make a big difference IMO
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:48 pm Wonder when Franco Smith rocks up? Will make a big difference IMO
Like RB has said on a previous thread, it is only and offer to smith, nothing set in stone
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:48 pm Wonder when Franco Smith rocks up? Will make a big difference IMO
Just rumoured that we've tabled an offer for him at the moment griff. Not even a rumour that he's accepted yet, let alone anything to make it more than rumour.

I'd take Smith everyday of the week though. Borthwick, Walters and Smith is a coaching group with a lot of international experience and clout.

If Smith joins I'd love him to try to tempt Tiz Pasquali back with him. I know some fans have concerns about returning ex-Tigers but I Tiz has improved a lot in the last few years, wouldn't cost a fortune but would be just the sort of player we need as a third choice tighthead. A similar role to compatriot Michele Rizzo at Welford Road of being a very able backup that can rotate with Cole and Heyes.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Im feeling so good about the squad and the direction of this team. It’s a nice feeling.
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

Only slight disappointment today was Wigglesworth. As some have said before his delivery from the base is just too slow and his kicking was nothing special. I’m sure the impact he has had on the young scrum-halfs is immeasurable, but i would regather see a youngs-JVP pairing in most squads from now on.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tigercub21 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:30 pm Only slight disappointment today was Wigglesworth. As some have said before his delivery from the base is just too slow and his kicking was nothing special. I’m sure the impact he has had on the young scrum-halfs is immeasurable, but i would regather see a youngs-JVP pairing in most squads from now on.
I think that's what we will see, Ben has now got his 2 rest weeks out of the way
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

He's his usual laughing self then? :smt044 :smt044
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone else reckon Henderson might get capped by Scotland this summer?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 pm Anyone else reckon Henderson might get capped by Scotland this summer?
I thought he was Irish 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 pm Anyone else reckon Henderson might get capped by Scotland this summer?
I would imagine he could be in the conversation, 2nd row isn't an area of depth for Scotland outside of Gray x2, Cummins and Gilchrist
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tbh I dont really rate Ritchie Gray
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Was it me or did Newcastle get away with a couple of skewed throw ins today?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Come on Saints!