Challenge Cup Quarter final 2021 v Newcastle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LittleBigG

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter final 2021 v Newcastle

Post by LittleBigG »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:12 am Crofty was the fastest forward I have ever seen
Case in point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-kKqvWqiM

Also unbelievable quick reactions... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zTZZ9lPZ38

Crofty was god-tier level! Essentially Sam Simmonds but good :smt002 </troll>
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 pm Wish the Premiership refs would ref like Poit. Great to get to the semi but I feel we don’t quite have enough back play to trouble sides like Bath and a rejuvenated Saints. But what a good season it’s becoming.
Think the England boys will need to up their game to get selected as those who started look like the first team. Shame about Hanro. Hope he’s ok.
Yes Ian, I too thought Roland Poite had his best ever performance on the whistle with Tigers.
I think I am correct but he never drew the box to call the TMO on during that game. This must be a first in recent premiership matches. I think the team reacted well to his instructions and hence on his side & that Newcastle 's antics resulted in cards. Just wish I had been there to watch!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 pm Wish the Premiership refs would ref like Poit. Great to get to the semi but I feel we don’t quite have enough back play to trouble sides like Bath and a rejuvenated Saints. But what a good season it’s becoming.
Think the England boys will need to up their game to get selected as those who started look like the first team. Shame about Hanro. Hope he’s ok.
Yes Ian, I too thought Roland Poite had his best ever performance on the whistle with Tigers.
I think I am correct but he never drew the box to call the TMO on during that game. This must be a first in recent premiership matches. I think the team reacted well to his instructions and hence on his side & that Newcastle 's antics resulted in cards. Just wish I had been there to watch!
he checked the grounding on Potters first try
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:17 pm
Thanks Jimmy I did not see Poite indicate but it was a pleasure to get away from the Carley, Pearce & Wigglesworth Refs that think they are on the London stage and they need to use the TMO. Still a great game. :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:31 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Thanks Jimmy I did not see Poite indicate but it was a pleasure to get away from the Carley, Pearce & Wigglesworth Refs that think they are on the London stage and they need to use the TMO. Still a great game. :smt023
he didn't actually do the box the TMO told him before he did as they were showing a replay on TV anyway so I suppose technically there wasn't an official review for it
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the thing that impressed me most about Poite was how he didn't mess about with the penalty Tries so many would have just given a penalty for those but he didn't and properly rewarded the pack for their dominant drives