Other European Last 16 Ties

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Other European Last 16 Ties

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

More proof that the ruck area needs sorting, the Conga Ruck is an absolute joke, Sale also frequently had a player stood in front of the ball but not part of the ruck, let alone the ball being out a lot of the time.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:37 pm Not for me,full on assault. Watch the Twitter link,shoulder to head,no attempt at wrapping. Hopefully the citing officers do their job
Having watched it several times and taking notice of the actions of all the players I would say the following

1 Faff is in no position to either pass or kick the ball - he is just trying to draw players offside by looking over the ruck
2 Ball sees the ball clearly behind the back foot with hands on and comes from an onside position
3 Ball puts one arm over and the other under Faff's body clearly looking to wrap
4 Because Faff's body is basically horizontal Ball does everything he can to avoid illegal contact

The officials took all of this into consideration and said play on

If Faff had taken the sort of blow to the head that people are claiming then he should have been going off for an HIA not berating the AR with his fellow players joining in after he started.

I'm all for protecting players but they need to protect themselves - putting yourself in a position where your head as low as Faff's was is a danger to yourself.
Complete nonsense,he dives over shoulder first with direct contact to the head. Red all day and the none citing of the offence just shows how much of a joke the commission are!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Funny how it’s Welsh fans sticking up for Ball 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Most refs don't even bother to call the ball out anymore...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm Funny how it’s Welsh fans sticking up for Ball 😂
& anti Welsh hanging him.....

2 sides to every coin....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:32 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm Funny how it’s Welsh fans sticking up for Ball 😂

Nigel Owens even said it was red! Doh 🤦‍♀️
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Well he sat on the fence a bit but said if the contact was the head it’s red,it was so it’s a red card. 100% a red card and like I said I hope you and others will keep the same energy with further incidents similar to that,I doubt it very much but I will be keeping my eye out 😉
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

If you count the edge, then a coin technically has 3 sides 🤔
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Well he sat on the fence a bit but said if the contact was the head it’s red,it was so it’s a red card. 100% a red card and like I said I hope you and others will keep the same energy with further incidents similar to that,I doubt it very much but I will be keeping my eye out 😉
He said you need to see another angle to confirm..obviously from the other side of the pitch we we never saw, but that's where "Sir" was..
Likewise I will be watching for the next "Rugby Incident" post.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The utter hypocrisy makes me laugh! I point out a genuine rugby incident that results in a red and try and apply common sense and am shouted down "doesnt matter Scott,contact to head,letter of law,definite red!"
Now it's a Welsh player all of a sudden that energy has gone out the window,hilarious 😂