Other European Last 16 Ties

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Other European Last 16 Ties

Post by Scott1 »

Not sure how the holidays fit in but there’s only a 50 hour window from the start of the game for a possible citing but it looks like Balls disgraceful act of thuggery is going unpunished
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The amount of time the ball was out of the Conga ruck during the game whilst Faff, faffed about was equally as bad officiating, it wasn't the best challenge but if you keep doing it you are going to get clattered eventually.
I do worry we are getting close to diving in the game, we have a lot of the other nonsense from Wendyball, unfortunately the way this behaviour used to be "policed" on the field isn't allowed now.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 pm The amount of time the ball was out of the Conga ruck during the game whilst Faff, faffed about was equally as bad officiating, it wasn't the best challenge but if you keep doing it you are going to get clattered eventually.
I do worry we are getting close to diving in the game, we have a lot of the other nonsense from Wendyball, unfortunately the way this behaviour used to be "policed" on the field isn't allowed now.
What do you think about AWJ and Biggar amongst other Welsh players constantly moaning and questioning officials decisions during games? That's very wendyball to me,do you think they should be getting yellow cards for it?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 pm The amount of time the ball was out of the Conga ruck during the game whilst Faff, faffed about was equally as bad officiating, it wasn't the best challenge but if you keep doing it you are going to get clattered eventually.
That's fine just clatter him legally.
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:09 pm
What do you think about AWJ and Biggar amongst other Welsh players constantly moaning and questioning officials decisions during games? That's very wendyball to me,do you think they should be getting yellow cards for it?
Yes....OTY should of got one at Briz as well, it needs eradicating before it becomes endemic & filters down the game.
Biggar isn't even the captain...
Yellows & 10m required.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 pm
Yes....OTY should of got one at Briz as well, it needs eradicating before it becomes endemic & filters down the game.
Yellows & 10m required.
That’s what makes it worse with Biggar,not even captain and he’s probably the worse in the sport.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jake Ball has escaped a citing,disgraceful! I shall be keeping my eye on certain posters over other red card decisions in the future and let’s hope they keep the same energy they have done. Somehow I doubt it!
Super User
Super User

It's all part of a gradual increase in Ungentlemanly conduct on the field.
In Biggars case it detracts from some of his undoubted qualities.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Not that this format will last but straight single game knockout matches does bring something to any cup competition.Revenue and money tend to dictate however.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 pm
Yellows & 10m required.
Biggar, Farrell and Sexton (when the latter two weren't captain) are probably the worst offenders - seems to be a 10 thing! Seems like refs have forgotten the 10 m walk rule, used to be much more common that the ref would march you back another 10 m if the decision was challenged or there was any back chat.

AWJ is just being an excellent captain. Dallaglio was just as chatty and annoying when he was Wasps captain all those years ago.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Dallaglio was just as chatty and annoying when he was Wasps captain all those years ago.
Still is. In fact even more so as commentator / pundit :smt013
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Super User
Super User

voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:52 am
Dallaglio was just as chatty and annoying when he was Wasps captain all those years ago.
Still is. In fact even more so as commentator / pundit :smt013
The mute button is well used when he is involved.....the best thing he has ever said was about Deano punching him in the face at a lineout.
Fantastic player, the rest not so.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:32 am Seems like refs have forgotten the 10 m walk rule, used to be much more common that the ref would march you back another 10 m if the decision was challenged or there was any back chat.
Hasn't that happened to us a couple of times recently? I've certainly seen a couple in recent games somewhere.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:37 pm Not for me,full on assault. Watch the Twitter link,shoulder to head,no attempt at wrapping. Hopefully the citing officers do their job
Having watched it several times and taking notice of the actions of all the players I would say the following

1 Faff is in no position to either pass or kick the ball - he is just trying to draw players offside by looking over the ruck
2 Ball sees the ball clearly behind the back foot with hands on and comes from an onside position
3 Ball puts one arm over and the other under Faff's body clearly looking to wrap
4 Because Faff's body is basically horizontal Ball does everything he can to avoid illegal contact

The officials took all of this into consideration and said play on

If Faff had taken the sort of blow to the head that people are claiming then he should have been going off for an HIA not berating the AR with his fellow players joining in after he started.

I'm all for protecting players but they need to protect themselves - putting yourself in a position where your head as low as Faff's was is a danger to yourself.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Also there is no ruck as there are only Sale players over the ball so anyone can tackle the 9 or try to take the ball