Other European Last 16 Ties

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Other European Last 16 Ties

Post by kk20gb30 »

The necessity for rotation is one thing but has to balanced with remaining competitive ; I personally found Harlequins starting selection somewhat baffling.
It would seem they are placing more emphasis on the Premiership.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:11 pm Billy Burns international 10? Discuss. Not for me,it just says more about the lack of Irish 10s than anything
The standard of Irish 10s is poor, the fitness of Carbery seems to be a real issue, they were trying to big up Jack Carty against us on Saturday but to be honest his fellow countryman in McPhilips kept him at bay. Then you have got Paddy Jackson, whose circumstances behind his departure from Ireland has been conveniently ignored by BT Sport (yet another example of their spinelessness). I suppose Ian Madigan could make a return to the international fold, but he seems to be second choice at Ulster behind Burns. This McGrath fella at Leinster is getting some noise, but it's hard to be truly tested in that Leinster bubble.

No wonder Sexton is still going quite comfortably, but Ireland could be in for a real crisis once he does retire.
Last edited by JP14 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

There was method to Borther's madness in his team selection, whereas Quins just selected whoever and said good luck, I wonder as to whether this could be the end of Harlequins' post-Gustard honeymoon...
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

In the Champions Cup Racing again look strong as do Bordeaux Bègles.Bristol were not helped by the officiating on this occasion, however they have had more than their fair share of close decisions go for them this season and I have to say that Callum Sheedy's attitude and on field demeanor did the club no favours....
Ironically , Sales first victory in the competition results in a Quarter Final meeting with La Rochelle.Believe massive physical battle to ensue.
All told a good weekend.Hopefully more of the same next time out.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am There was method to Borther's madness in his team selection, whereas Quins just selected whoever and said good luck, I wonder as to whether this could be the end of Harlequins' post-Gustard honeymoon...
...personally not convinced by quins internal culture.I have this belief that perhaps some players there exhibit a little too much influence which saw the (premature) demise of Paul Gustard and the club's subsequent renaissance as the team decided to play again following his departure.
So , what happens if their next DoR steps on some toes when deciding to make alterations ?
If the honeymoon is not over just yet, it could well be next season.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Sale appealing like a cross between a Wendyball side & a cricket team was rather unedifying, along with some interesting decisions from Sir in the Scarlets game & how Keith Earls didn't get a minimum of 10 mins was frankly very odd.
Can't comment any other games apart from ours as I had no interest in them.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:38 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am There was method to Borther's madness in his team selection, whereas Quins just selected whoever and said good luck, I wonder as to whether this could be the end of Harlequins' post-Gustard honeymoon...
...personally not convinced by quins internal culture.I have this belief that perhaps some players there exhibit a little too much influence which saw the (premature) demise of Paul Gustard and the club's subsequent renaissance as the team decided to play again following his departure.
So , what happens if their next DoR steps on some toes when deciding to make alterations ?
If the honeymoon is not over just yet, it could well be next season.
All this Mike Brown hoohah was Gustard trying to get rid of said influence, which in my opinion was the correct thing to do.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but the the comments from Austin and to a lesser extent LD about the camera angles supplied to the TMO was interesting, we know the feed is from French TV but surely the TMO can demand as many angles as he needs, they said there are 14 cameras, so I assume the TMO would have 14 monitors, or 14 windows on one large monitor.
It is weak officiating if the director will not give more that the three inconclusive angles, the TMO should insist and stop the game until he is satisfied, as Austin said we have seen this before in ties involving French teams, if it is just lack of technology then the organisers must insist on minimum levels so that there are as many angles as are there are cameras.

In the Scarlets game the assault on Randall was the clearest red card of any game recently, no binding, shoulder to the head etc, I trust there will be a citing for Ball, it was notable how few cards were given over the weekend, as normal the premiership seems to have the strictest interpretation of any guidance with other leagues marching to different tunes.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:13 pm Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but the the comments from Austin and to a lesser extent LD about the camera angles supplied to the TMO was interesting, we know the feed is from French TV but surely the TMO can demand as many angles as he needs, they said there are 14 cameras, so I assume the TMO would have 14 monitors, or 14 windows on one large monitor.
It is weak officiating if the director will not give more that the three inconclusive angles, the TMO should insist and stop the game until he is satisfied, as Austin said we have seen this before in ties involving French teams, if it is just lack of technology then the organisers must insist on minimum levels so that there are as many angles as are there are cameras.

In the Scarlets game the assault on Randall was the clearest red card of any game recently, no binding, shoulder to the head etc, I trust there will be a citing for Ball, it was notable how few cards were given over the weekend, as normal the premiership seems to have the strictest interpretation of any guidance with other leagues marching to different tunes.
Happens in 6N games in France too,is it something to do with their brodacasters being in control? Randall was never a red though,the first tackle was perfect then he fell and the subsequent tackler hit him in the back and might have just touched him at the end with his arm which was being wrapped. A fantastic decision by the ref and just one of those rugby incidents I’m afraid. Not even a penalty let alone a red.
Last edited by Scott1 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sorry,my mistake! I’m talking about the Bristol Randall incident. My apologies. Yes,Balls was a red,I called it at the time,it was a shocking miss and I hope Ball gets cited,that was an act of assault on a prone player.

From yesterday during the live game “ That should’ve been a red for Ball,not even a penalty! Poor reffing/TMO that”
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 pm Sorry,my mistake! I’m talking about the Bristol Randall incident. My apologies. Yes,Balls was a red,I called it at the time,it was a shocking miss and I hope Ball gets cited,that was an act of assault on a prone player.

From yesterday during the live game “ That should’ve been a red for Ball,not even a penalty! Poor reffing/TMO that”
I think Sales pathetic behaviour after that should absolve Ball, Sir was poor all that game, Costelow was roughed up more that is acceptable, some very debatable hits.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:49 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 pm Sorry,my mistake! I’m talking about the Bristol Randall incident. My apologies. Yes,Balls was a red,I called it at the time,it was a shocking miss and I hope Ball gets cited,that was an act of assault on a prone player.

I think Sales pathetic behaviour after that should absolve Ball, Sir was poor all that game, Costelow was roughed up more that is acceptable, some very debatable hits.
You can’t absolve Ball because of pathetic behaviour,it was an act of thuggery! Diving over the ruck into a players head who was prone,a disgusting assault,hopefully he gets the book thrown at him! And i don’t care if he’s Welsh,English or whatever,you know what I’m like about my rugby incidents but that certainly wasn’t one of them! Needs a hefty ban!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:06 pm https://twitter.com/AndyGoode10/status/ ... 88903?s=20

Disgusting!!!!
Agreed but what ban would be appropriate?
Unrelated question what ban do you think he will get?
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:06 pm https://twitter.com/AndyGoode10/status/ ... 88903?s=20

Disgusting!!!!
Pretty sure you have called them Rugby Incidents....

If Ball gets cited & Earls doesn't the game has gone mad.