LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:36 pm I still think Matera could be an option as the mystery backrow, TRP reported he is looking for a new club post his Crusaders stint a few months back
You've got me excited now.

Matera
Lancaster

Plus a decent prop hopefully...🤞👌

EDIT
That said when I looked at the articles about Matera recently they all say the Crusaders contract begins in 2022, before the start of 2022 Super Rugby season so can't see us signing him for only the first couple of months of the season especially if he's away with Argentina in part of that.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by Faulks04 »

I’ve had the same thoughts about matera . But realised he will be with the crusaders for a good while yet maybe until 2022/23 so assumed it wouldn’t be him . Would be good for sure . Hopefully we won’t have long to wait now for any remaining signings . The rumour mill has given us nothing lately and nobody saw socino and hegarty coming so whoever comes in there’s a good chance none of us would have thought about them . Personally excited to see what van staden brings along with the other new boys
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Faulks04 »

Marcos kremer would do ! Cover lock and back row
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Can’t see the BR signing being from Argentina because of how many we already have in the squad as it would basically be the same as the Bonilla situation
(Unless they have Italian passports)
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Faulks04 »

Looking across the prem it seems it’s not just tigers who have announced few signings . Other than 2-3 teams like Worcester and wasps there hasn’t been much announced
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:36 pm I still think Matera could be an option as the mystery backrow, TRP reported he is looking for a new club post his Crusaders stint a few months back
Afraid he’ll be out of our price range
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Faulks04 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 pm Looking across the prem it seems it’s not just tigers who have announced few signings . Other than 2-3 teams like Worcester and wasps there hasn’t been much announced
Because of the salary cap, I’d be surprised if there’s much to come, apart from a prop and maybe someone cheap like Dan Lancaster.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Dokie wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:47 pm
Afraid he’ll be out of our price range
If RB is right we may well have a marquee slot open (though despite that he may still be too expensive)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Personally I don’t think he’s versatile enough.
Would love to have him.

But he’s pretty much a 7 and we have two excellent ones next season.