LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:33 pm One thing is very apparent - Borthwick has battoned down the hatches in terms of any info leaking out. There's very little which is reaching outside ears in comparison to previous years
Yeah it’s funny that now Tuilagi has gone isn’t it…… :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:38 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:33 pm One thing is very apparent - Borthwick has battoned down the hatches in terms of any info leaking out. There's very little which is reaching outside ears in comparison to previous years
I'd say it's more now a certain front rower has gone!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:42 pm
Who are you referring to?

As for Ford, unless Eddie tells him he’s out of World Cup contention he’s not leaving England until after the next World Cup and no one else in England would have the cap space for him to leave Tigers
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:49 pm

As for Ford, unless Eddie tells him he’s out of World Cup contention he’s not leaving England until after the next World Cup and no one else in England would have the cap space for him to leave Tigers
Could play anywhere across the front row and had loose lips
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Is that fact or speculation
A2O
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I know a supporter who had a line to said frontrower. I can believe it.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:28 pm Is that fact or speculation
Fact!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:35 pm I know a supporter who had a line to said frontrower. I can believe it.
I know a fan highly connected to another club who is close to him and he was gossiping during meet ups
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

At one time in the club everyone was a gossip.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:52 pm At one time in the club everyone was a gossip.
True,but his gossiping led me to break a story on here the day before any press did!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

so let me get this right, people are moaning about no news coming out yet people are being critical of the people that used to leak the news out?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:18 pm so let me get this right, people are moaning about no news coming out yet people are being critical of the people that used to leak the news out?
Essentially yes.

Me I'd like to know what is happening, but that leaks aren't healthy for the club, so although I'd like to know more I'm certainly happier this way.

The key fore is that the club is timely with official stories which I think in general it is.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:41 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:18 pm so let me get this right, people are moaning about no news coming out yet people are being critical of the people that used to leak the news out?
Essentially yes.

Me I'd like to know what is happening, but that leaks aren't healthy for the club, so although I'd like to know more I'm certainly happier this way.

The key fore is that the club is timely with official stories which I think in general it is.
its the same with Leicester City, journalist will tell you their first 2 summer signings are "done" but neither have been officially announced by the club yet as they haven't been completed in terms of all the paperwork and medicals etc.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Would that be a certain front rower who is now located across the western border?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:16 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Would that be a certain front rower who is now located across the western border?
It is interesting. one of my friends was talking with our magical Australian winger during the week and he tried to get on to signings. All he got from him was an "it's more than my life is worth to tell you. Besides which it would be unprofessional.'
18 months ago it was a free for all.