LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:36 pm So sounds like it's confirmed that Seb Smith has a contract.
Not really a shock.
Have I missed the academy promotions announcement?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:41 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:35 pm At 33 and only staying at Sarries because the deal for Cobus Weise fell through last summer. Wouldn't bother, they don't consider him good enough for Prem rugby and I doubt he'd get near the team. Either bring in quality or leave it to the young lads that have done us proud this season.
He's good enough to be starting in the playoff final so they rate him pretty highly. Don't think he would be a starter by any means but in terms of squad depth I reckon he adds it. They still needed to trim the salary cap down especially with loanees returning, don't think they judge him as not prem level just yet.
I doubt very much they need to trim down to the salary cap. They lost almost an entire team of players after relegation. Isiekwe and Earl are returning and are younger and better players. Sarries took on a number of Championship players to flesh the squad out for the Championship season, most are being released before the Prem season. Rhodes is one of them by the sounds of it. Before his injury a few years ago then a definite signing but now, I don't see the point.
tigercub21 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:40 pm Getting rid of an ex lions defence coach and replacing him with someone who has never coached D in union before, really struggles to fill me with much confidence.
How do you know Mike Ford hasn't got something else that will be announced shortly? I doubt with Covid contracts etc Mike was on a substantial salary but he has a healthy CV. He may have opted to put his name forward for a bigger and better paid role elsewhere. If he has I can't blame him and best of luck.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:36 pm So sounds like it's confirmed that Seb Smith has a contract.
Not really a shock.
I hope Chester Owen gets one as well. Looks like a big guy already and not slow when he gets moving.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LekkerTigers wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 pm
Not really a shock.
I hope Chester Owen gets one as well. Looks like a big guy already and not slow when he gets moving.
Another year left I think.
Got some interesting forwards prospects next year
Hurst, Carnduff, Owen, Koroiyadi, Manz
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:54 am given the feelings towards the Star wars sequels I'm feeling a move is in order to another world.
In my head, Episodes 8 & 9 don’t exist anyway…
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Something about this Leigh Jones situation does seem rather odd, if he can’t come because of travel restrictions or visa, why just the club don’t tell us? They don’t have to be specific!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:06 pm Something about this Leigh Jones situation does seem rather odd, if he can’t come because of travel restrictions or visa, why just the club don’t tell us? They don’t have to be specific!
how do you know he hasn't come? he has no need to give interviews as everything he has in his work load is headed up by SB
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:06 pm Something about this Leigh Jones situation does seem rather odd, if he can’t come because of travel restrictions or visa, why just the club don’t tell us? They don’t have to be specific!
It really isn't any of our business where he is. People round here will want to know what all our staff eat for breakfast soon, and what time they eat it in case it means something is wrong.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerReggie wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:12 pm
It really isn't any of our business where he is. People round here will want to know what all our staff eat for breakfast soon, and what time they eat it in case it means something is wrong.
Considering there was no social media pics of him arriving on May 1st is highly unusual, you would think there would be like a “oh say hello to our General Manager, #Tigersfamily”.

It’s not just that, the fact that there is no profile of him on the website suggests he has not commenced work for Tigers.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:15 pm
TigerReggie wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:12 pm
Considering there was no social media pics of him arriving on May 1st is highly unusual, you would think there would be like a “oh say hello to our General Manager, #Tigersfamily”.

It’s not just that, the fact that there is no profile of him on the website suggests he has not commenced work for Tigers.
Agreed. Something not quite right. Reason why he hasn’t started? Could it be covid related abs the logistics of travel etc? I know he was working out in Far East. Pure speculation on my part!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It is odd no mention of him on the website outside of when we first announced him
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also don’t know if anyone noticed it but Sinfield mentions Wilks.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Well, I think we’re guaranteed that next season is going to be interesting!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:24 pm Also don’t know if anyone noticed it but Sinfield mentions Wilks.
That & he mentioned 2 years....
As for the "GM", where is the often spouted transparency?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Sinfield also mentioned looking forward to other coaches incoming