LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lammy

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by Lammy »

Suspect we haven’t seen the last of Sam Lewis. Like Harry Wells, I expect he’ll drop a division for a couple of years and could well reappear afterwards.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by KiwiTig »

I really rate Sam Lewis and expect and hope he will come back and bite us on the bum ! 🔥
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Henri Lavin is the gutting one for me.
Hopefully one that we stay keeping an eye on.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm Henri Lavin is the gutting one for me.
I'm sure Alex Shaw at Ealing will be doing his best to get him down there, he was a big admirer of Henri's when he was in the academy
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Faulks04 »

Sinfield leaving Leeds at end of super league season . Confirmed by leeds
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Faulks04 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:20 am Sinfield leaving Leeds at end of super league season . Confirmed by leeds
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/r ... os-3276093

Link to Sinfield talking about it
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I really welcome the news about KS joining us and hope he is the new skills/attack coach we have been crying out for but I also would like MF to stay as defence coach but I am not sure that will happen. Popcorn Thursday is on us IMHO - who will be out flyhalf replacement/s is the big question for me?
Hehehehehehehehe
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Faulks04 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:20 am Sinfield leaving Leeds at end of super league season . Confirmed by leeds
So, in that case we won't get him until October? Creates a big gap in the meantime!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm Henri Lavin is the gutting one for me.
Agreed, his injury came at an awful time relative to Covid, hope there's a club willing to take a punt on him. Would love him to be someone who drops down before being recslled by the club.

Am guessing by his mum sharing his highlights on Twitter yesterday after the announcement that he's probably not got anything lined up at the moment.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

fentiger wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:55 am
So, in that case we won't get him until October? Creates a big gap in the meantime!
This does concern me a little, was really hoping he was going to get a full pre-season with the squad
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Sinfield coming in October is far from ideal. Looking at Borthwick’s back room it is still crying out for another coach. Even with Sinfield in we look light, especially with Smith presumably going back to the academy.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/06/17/ ... he-season/

Their chief executive stated:

I agree the Director of Rugby role has changed and we did discuss other roles at the club but it is not to be

I’m guessing that as it’s the end of his 3 year contract that it’s a mutual parting of ways

Or the job doesn’t exist anymore
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 am Sinfield coming in October is far from ideal. Looking at Borthwick’s back room it is still crying out for another coach. Even with Sinfield in we look light, especially with Smith presumably going back to the academy.
True but also if MF is mutual, it may be we keep him on the staff till then, that may be why we were finalising stuff yesterday supposedly?

Certainly if Ford is planning on moving to League then it makes sense for him to work till the season there ends
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Any clues if it’s popcorn day today yet?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Knightonian wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:46 am https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/06/17/ ... he-season/

Their chief executive stated:

I agree the Director of Rugby role has changed and we did discuss other roles at the club but it is not to be

I’m guessing that as it’s the end of his 3 year contract that it’s a mutual parting of ways

Or the job doesn’t exist anymore
Sinfield commented that the role has moved away from performance. As it was a new role I guess it evolved in a way they weren't expecting and Sinfield sees his future as different to the role he currently has.