LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by RagingBull »

Also I think the argentine players play better when they have others around them off the pitch, community seems a very big thing for Argentines and they can sometimes suffer from homesickness.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by johnthegriff »

I was surprised by R.B's comment that Cusick is the first centre to be promoted for some time then after giving it some thought decided he is correct, there have been a few utility back promotions, wing/centre of fly-half/centre but I cannot think of an out and out centre for several years so special congratulations to the lad. I note too that we are not saying promoted from Academy to Development squad but from Academy to senior squad, does this mean a change in transition, currently we have several
" Development " players performing regularly for the first team so I suppose it is an adjustment that makes sense.
Regarding the signing of Socino I think I remember him playing for Falcons against us, he certainly gives us experienced cover but I confess I would have preferred someone 10 or 12 years younger, maybe that is to come or could be just buying time for an Academy player to develop.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bryce Hegarty next

Watching the reds I have always quite liked him
suggests no young 10 coming though
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bryce Hegarty confirmed
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Good signing, that
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So Steward cover.
Suggests Murimurivalu looking at Wing
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:00 pm Bryce Hegarty next

Watching the reds I have always quite liked him
suggests no young 10 coming though
Which may mean there is promise coming through the academy?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nice! Hegarty is a great signing,welcome both!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hegarty is a good addition, I have been watching the Reds closely since Super Rugby AU started last year. Can play equally well at fullback or at 10, hasn’t really had that much game time with O’Connor being in such good form. As a result played more at 15.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yep so far both signings too me strike me as great depth signings.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Burns will have to play well to be our 2nd choice IMO, that is a quality operator! I'm interested in his citizenship status as Australians do count as overseas, but he may have an English grandparent in there or something qualifying him for dual citizenship?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 pm Yep so far both signings too me strike me as great depth signings.
100% agree they add to our squad

Would we swap McPhillips, Henry & Diaz Bonilla for Burns, Hegarty & Socino.

I'd say yes, plus positional versatility of those is great too.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Given Oli Bryant was promoted as 10 would I be right in saying that Javiah Pohe was the last out and out centre to get promoted from the academy to dev squad?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Who is next?! 🤪
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer