LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by trendylfj »

Hope that this is a genuine friendly parting of the waves and not a signal that all is not well.
Hehehehehehehehe
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am Ben Kay has left the board
Peter Tom the last ex-player on the board now, part of a change of direction ?
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Could be the start of several announcements over the next day or two. Just a guess, no inside info.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RichieB wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 am Could be the start of several announcements over the next day or two. Just a guess, no inside info.
Yeah makes me think today may be a day for people leaving...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:39 am Hope that this is a genuine friendly parting of the waves and not a signal that all is not well.
Agreed 100%
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:50 am
trendylfj wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:39 am Hope that this is a genuine friendly parting of the waves and not a signal that all is not well.
Agreed 100%
Why would it signal a problem? People leave jobs all the time.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

You may find out next time he is on the T.V. There seems to be one or two ex-Tiger players in the media who appear to be a little bitter towards the club. Let us hope he won’t be another one.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean this seems pretty telegraphed end of season thing, Kay has not seemed bitter so far.

Personally feel this is mutual
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 am I mean this seems pretty telegraphed end of season thing, Kay has not seemed bitter so far.

:smt038
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Frankly I’m not surprised, but good to hear there is no bad blood and I wish Kay all the best in being fully devoted to BT Sport.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I suspect that Swinson will be retiring again, and the other lock position will be taken by Isiekwe or Kpoku alongside Itoje, still quality but a drop off from Kruis or Skelton.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Over the years since we became a PLC there has been regular change in the make-up of the Board, in the early days there were several former but amateur players but skills in their working lives contributed to boardroom discussions, we haves seen people like John Allen, Peter Wheeler, Gary Adey, David Matthews and others leave, more recently Rory Underwood and now Ben Kay depart. I know what these guys contributed on the pitch I don't know what they contributed in the privacy of the Boardroom but I was always glad that they were there. It is inevitable that the life of a professional rugby player will not equip a person for being involved in making important business decisions and lets face it few players will start and finish their career at the same club. However I do feel that in a business where the core activity is professional rugby it is a mistake for that activity not to have a voice on the Board.
All the best to Ben Kay and thank you for all you have done for our rugby club,
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Difficult position for Ben Kay on occasions.Impartiality and inside knowledge , leading questions and the like.Perhaps a mutual acceptable and equitable parting of the ways is best for all concerned.No ties, no lies , no hard feelimgs and no squirming in a chair ....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 am I mean this seems pretty telegraphed end of season thing, Kay has not seemed bitter so far.

For a former player on the board this seems just a normal turnover after 7 years.

I wonder if Leon Lloyd may step up.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks for everything Ben. It just didn't work with his TV commitments sadly
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer