Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Injury/Suspensions List

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Injury details as we know it:

Leatigaga - Should be ready for the start of preseason (9/6/21)
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... 28993?s=19

Taute - Should be ready for the start of preseason (9/6/21)

Porter - in the early stages of return to play following HIA (26/5/21)
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... nk-5461224

Brink - hamstring injury, seeing speacalists this week to understand the extent of it (26/5/21)
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... nk-5461224

Ford - did have a knock but may be fit for Wasps (9/6/21)
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 am, edited 26 times in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury/Suspensions List

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Good idea TFS and thanks for starting this. Imagine Kobus and maybe Ellis might be joining this list over the next few days sadly. Missed the England game so not sure about Ellis but a few people suggesting he might be cited? Imagine Kobus will be getting 4 weeks based on previous red cards and respective bans players have picked up recently.

Think you are right about the England players and with the number of remaining fixtures I believe they can technically play them all based on the max number of appearances per season. That said they may well be given the weekend off having just returned from the England bubble, we will see
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If Kobus gets a longer ban than Hepetema got for a cheap shot on him then the club should be justifiably angry. Tbh his time out of the team could be longer than the ban anyway.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:30 pm If Kobus gets a longer ban than Hepetema got for a cheap shot on him then the club should be justifiably angry. Tbh his time out of the team could be longer than the ban anyway.
I was thinking about the fact that Thorley got 4 weeks and it’s a similar incident but I’d forgotten he contested his so didn’t get much of a reduction. Maybe he will get 4 down to 2. Whatever the outcome one thing is for sure; the 3 week ban for Hepetema’s assault on Kobus was a joke!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:39 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:30 pm If Kobus gets a longer ban than Hepetema got for a cheap shot on him then the club should be justifiably angry. Tbh his time out of the team could be longer than the ban anyway.
I was thinking about the fact that Thorley got 4 weeks and it’s a similar incident but I’d forgotten he contested his so didn’t get much of a reduction. Maybe he will get 4 down to 2. Whatever the outcome one thing is for sure; the 3 week ban for Hepetema’s assault on Kobus was a joke!
6 down to 3 for Hepetema but Thorley contested his so it stayed at four weeks I think. Van Wyk will plead guilty and try to use the Chiefs blocker as mitigation, he had to go round him so couldn't line up Maunder as he wanted to. The lack of injury to Maunder should help lessen the citing as well. Should mean van Wyk gets a one or two week ban.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Agreed. I for one am getting fed up with his brain farts. Seems like most games he does something casually dim which costs us, time for some time out on the naughty step I feel.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

loretta wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 am
Agreed. I for one am getting fed up with his brain farts. Seems like most games he does something casually dim which costs us, time for some time out on the naughty step I feel.
My thoughts exactly, it’s like every match we count down the clock till he makes a defensive lapse or rash decision. Although this could be a blessing in disguise as Potter looked very bright against Exeter i thought.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:58 pm Good idea TFS and thanks for starting this. Imagine Kobus and maybe Ellis might be joining this list over the next few days sadly. Missed the England game so not sure about Ellis but a few people suggesting he might be cited? Imagine Kobus will be getting 4 weeks based on previous red cards and respective bans players have picked up recently.

Think you are right about the England players and with the number of remaining fixtures I believe they can technically play them all based on the max number of appearances per season. That said they may well be given the weekend off having just returned from the England bubble, we will see
https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 75779?s=19

Looks like Genge hasn't got a citing hearing (which would suggest that it's not too bad when looked at from other angles) though this isn't confirmed.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

tigercub21 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:32 am
loretta wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 am
My thoughts exactly, it’s like every match we count down the clock till he makes a defensive lapse or rash decision. Although this could be a blessing in disguise as Potter looked very bright against Exeter i thought.
Nadolo, Potter and Muri all look good based on previous performances and Simmons is one to keep in the mix too. Luckily it’s an area we are spoiled for choice
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I don't really get the secrecy behind injury's or Borthwick hard line stance on it. Not sure what his point is.
It used to be that tigers were just rubbish at updating us and now its just telling us we don't need to know cos its private!

Bit wierd if you ask me...
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Overall I’d agree.

1. Is it a GDPR issue? Personal information doesn’t ‘belong’ to the club. If so, how come in football they tell you exactly what the injury is/suspected, anticipated term to recovery, progress with recouperation etc?
2. I don’t see it puts a club at much of a tactical disadvantage if the information is in the public domain and therefore available to other clubs
3. If the club/head coach decide they prefer not to divulge the details it is their choice and probably nothing we can do about it
4. If, for whatever reason, the details have been leaked from the club then that to me remains a bigger concern and it becomes a trust issue. There is someone in the club you can’t trust to keep quiet
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

In picking a team for a particular game the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition players will be a factor for consideration. Hence, telling the opposition who is or is not likely to be available for selection would seem to be a dumb move for the sake of satisfying the supporters curiosity. :smt017
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:21 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:58 pm Good idea TFS and thanks for starting this. Imagine Kobus and maybe Ellis might be joining this list over the next few days sadly. Missed the England game so not sure about Ellis but a few people suggesting he might be cited? Imagine Kobus will be getting 4 weeks based on previous red cards and respective bans players have picked up recently.

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 75779?s=19

Looks like Genge hasn't got a citing hearing (which would suggest that it's not too bad when looked at from other angles) though this isn't confirmed.
Got this on my twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/Damian_Cullen/statu ... 30021?s=09

Mind you...... You don't know what happened to set him off...
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1 ... 41540?s=19

Been confirmed that Ford is NOT injured and it was supposedly a "tatical" decision to play with 2 scrum halves and no fly half when they had the option.

Sounds like someone screwed up and didn't know the rules and now they're covering it as a tatical call, I know EJ is unorthodox but not playing with a fly half...
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

How very French.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"