Injury/Suspensions List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury/Suspensions List

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated now YBY finished 2 weeks off and added that Liebenberg may be out depending what the situation is with him
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

According to BBCRLS on Twitter Borthwick has given a brief update on some injuries in the squad:

Julian Montoya has been running on the training pitches - nothing further said but could be possible to see him in some capacity before the end of season - which would be brilliant news!

Hanro Liebenberg is still being monitored after his HIA - could mean another week out for Hanro.

Cycle Brink is progressing well from his leg injury sustained vs Exeter, but is apparently still a few weeks away.

No further news on Nemani Nadolo - I really hope to see him on the pitch again soon!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:21 am According to BBCRLS on Twitter Borthwick has given a brief update on some injuries in the squad:

Julian Montoya has been running on the training pitches - nothing further said but could be possible to see him in some capacity before the end of season - which would be brilliant news!

Hanro Liebenberg is still being monitored after his HIA - could mean another week out for Hanro.

Cycle Brink is progressing well from his leg injury sustained vs Exeter, but is apparently still a few weeks away.

No further news on Nemani Nadolo - I really hope to see him on the pitch again soon!
Cheers Original Post now updated....

Also Van Wyk's suspension has expired so he is available again.

My sneaking suspicion (and it's just a sneaking one, no news etc) is that Nadolo will be on the bench this weekend, reason SB didn't mention him may be to keep it quiet? Possibly, possibly not, certainly from earlier interviews with SB he gave the impression that Nadolo was the closest to returning of the injuries.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:53 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:21 am According to BBCRLS on Twitter Borthwick has given a brief update on some injuries in the squad:

Cheers Original Post now updated....

Also Van Wyk's suspension has expired so he is available again.

My sneaking suspicion (and it's just a sneaking one, no news etc) is that Nadolo will be on the bench this weekend, reason SB didn't mention him may be to keep it quiet? Possibly, possibly not, certainly from earlier interviews with SB he gave the impression that Nadolo was the closest to returning of the injuries.
No problem TFS!

Be interesting to see if van Wyk makes an appearance as Potter and Murimurivalu have been playing well! Plus, I hope you’re right re Nadolo!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I'm not sure about Nadolo - a social media post could be read as either "I'm ready" or "I've had a set-back"

Would love to see him back for the derby
Less is more....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Saints have their own massive Fijian. Nadolo Vs Naiyaravolo now that would be entertaining. We'll have to see if they're both fit.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Am super happy to have removed Nadolo, Liebenberg & Brink all from the Original post!
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:15 pm Am super happy to have removed Nadolo, Liebenberg & Brink all from the Original post!
I think we are all just as happy to see them off it as well along with van wyks suspension over that list is slowly getting smaller!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:21 pm Saints have their own massive Fijian. Nadolo Vs Naiyaravolo now that would be entertaining. We'll have to see if they're both fit.
Just Nadolo fit thankfully :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated with Kelly listed as unavailable due to the failed HIA
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Taute confirmed as injured, probably season ending.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Leicestershire Live ...Steve Borthwick update on Taute,Kelly and Montoya :

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... by-5349236
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated the OP

Also worth saying I think the fact with Taute it's 10 weeks ago and Surgery has been done that Borthwick will be quietly happy that there's been no real leaks about his injury coming through.

Personally I'm most concerned about Leatigaga, sometimes the type of injury he's had can be pretty long term and if he isn't fit by the Autumn Internationals our stock at prop could be exposed with both Genge and Heyes in with chances of making that squad.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ford and Genge now had their mandated 2 weeks off.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated Montoya and Reffell in the original post.

Montoya - Training with the team fully now. (12/5/21)
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... 95712?s=19

Reffell - still being assessed (12/5/21)
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... 95712?s=19