Tigers vs Falcons - 28th March 2021 at 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Falcons - 28th March 2021 at 15:00

Post by wellstiger »

Dean R stating "Seeds were planted" Yeah Sour grape variety Deanno.
If one thing stood out it was, we (Tigers) ,adjusted better to the Officiating Triumvirate (muppets). Something missing for a few seasons.
If Deanno had said the officiating overall was poor, then we could all sympathise.

This is not the first time Dickson has had a howler, what eludes me is how quickly he's forgotten how it was playing the game.
If he cannot make a decision without committee then he should retire.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wellstiger wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:34 am Dean R stating "Seeds were planted" Yeah Sour grape variety Deanno.
If one thing stood out it was, we (Tigers) ,adjusted better to the Officiating Triumvirate (muppets). Something missing for a few seasons.
If Deanno had said the officiating overall was poor, then we could all sympathise.

This is not the first time Dickson has had a howler, what eludes me is how quickly he's forgotten how it was playing the game.
Twitter response from Mark Smith, Press Officer at Falcons

To be fair Bobby at no point did he suggest any input from Leicester. Think that needs to be made clear cos your inference doesn’t square with the actual quotes
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Deano moaning after a defeat what a surprise. Funny how he spotted all the refs mistakes against Falcons but non of the mistakes against us. Also didn’t spot his own player Gouging last week 😂
A2O
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am Deano moaning after a defeat what a surprise. Funny how he spotted all the refs mistakes against Falcons but non of the mistakes against us. Also didn’t spot his own player Gouging last week 😂
Yeah, he's become more than a little disingenuous recently and pretty tiresome with his replies in interviews.
Before the match Elgin asked him if WR meant anything special to him.... he did everything he could to avoid the correct answer, talk about bear a grudge. :smt015
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

I'm sorry to pick up on how poor the tmo was yesterday, but I've just watched the match again, and he missed at least three maybe red cards for Newcastle just in the first half. Obviously, the steward one, which probably is borderline yellow/red, then on about the 16th minute, Reffell is cleared out shoulder to head, not much force but still worth a look. Then the reason Potter went off for a hia he took a head-on head shot just before half time. You can hear the tmo say that was relatively high but doesn't do anything about it. That's the issue at the moment matches are being won and lost depending on what the tmo sees or doesn't see.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:53 pm Slightly off topic, thought the Falcons were really poor, Hodgson threw away a couple of decent attacking platforms. One player who did stand out was young Stevenson on the wing. Hadn’t seen much of him at all, at 22 looks a prospect.
Agreed, Stevenson was a shining light in a very dull and negative display by Newcastle. I though McGuigan also increased the tempo and made some good yardage. They were clearly worried about out physicality, carrying and mauling, so did everything they could, illegally in the main to stop us making ground. It made for a turgid battle which must have been frustrating to play in, and certainly was to watch.

Deano being Deano again. Awkward in interviews and looking for excuses in defeat. Needs to look at his own players rather than pointing the finger.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Apros pro of nothing but I wonder if coaches and players will look at certain officials and start to think it’s better to concede a try when you are defending the try line than risk a yellow card or two defending the inevitable.

Yesterday we didn’t try to compete for breakdown turnovers I assume because there is seemingly little chance of Dickson allowing them (I don’t remember Reffell ever getting over the ball).

As such, is there an argument when we had a comfortable lead that you are better accepting losing 7pts instead of defending and ending up still conceding 7pts but also a high chance of a player going off in the bin (or two) and even a high percentage chance of some HIAs given the way defenders have to go low in any attempt to stop the opposing forwards.

Better to concede and have all your players on the pitch after the try than concede and be down to 14 or less?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

It was a bit cringey viewing all round.
Kelly is looking a good prospect.
The second tackler on Steward could've been a yellow card, a very similar situation to the one that Heyes received a yellow card for recently.
The in at the side incident was a big turning point in the match in my opinion, were it the other way then I don't think I'd be very happy.
Sir seemed to be trying out his Pitkin impersonation.
I got the impression that Sir was so poor that perhaps the TMO was trying too hard to compensate.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:07 am
wellstiger wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:34 am Dean R stating "Seeds were planted" Yeah Sour grape variety Deanno.

Twitter response from Mark Smith, Press Officer at Falcons

To be fair Bobby at no point did he suggest any input from Leicester. Think that needs to be made clear cos your inference doesn’t square with the actual quotes
Please read Leicester Mercury online. I know its a local paper that we born and bred, although from further afield read occasionally.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:55 am It was a bit cringey viewing all round.
Kelly is looking a good prospect.
The second tackler on Steward could've been a yellow card, a very similar situation to the one that Heyes received a yellow card for recently.
The in at the side incident was a big turning point in the match in my opinion, were it the other way then I don't think I'd be very happy.
Sir seemed to be trying out his Pitkin impersonation.
I got the impression that Sir was so poor that perhaps the TMO was trying too hard to compensate.
I agree I suspect had it been the other way round Tigers supporters would have been angry too, even if it's only a technical penalty in my opinion Wiese has to work on his technique. I love his desire in everything that he does, he just has to sometimes realise that it's not on and stop tucking his arms.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 pm Shame De Bruin was only temporary because he’s definitely ahead of Genge for me at present!
I completely agree Scott.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I don't think Genge had a bad game, certainly didn't get penalised that much at the scrum (I recall just the once) compared to when he was playing for England.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Having watched the whole game again without the one eyed passion of the unknown result, I cannot see what anyone can find wrong in the officials decisions. They are human and make mistakes, foul play was called, things were looked at, unfortunate that a player got injured in the one glaring missed in from the side. I thought the first Falcons try call was incorrect, but the ref was a lot nearer than me, you play to the ref and get on with it. Deano picked a side that was well beaten in pretty much all facets of the game and it's a thing that he and his team will have to look at.
Moment of the match for me, that last scrum, perfect application and those players in those packs will remember that for a fair while, especially Falcons going back at that speed.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cant find anything they did wrong?! Nice trolling,almost got me 🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm Cant find anything they did wrong?! Nice trolling,almost got me 🤣
Try reading what I said and have a look at the laws of the game and then you will see what I stated is factually correct. Oh and a person trolling is usually someone from another team, Tigers have been my team for almost 6 decades. I have had a strong connection to Leicestershire rugby having played the game there, was born and raised there.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.