Tigers vs Falcons - 28th March 2021 at 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Falcons - 28th March 2021 at 15:00

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm Eh he didn't get into any bother during the game so not really too worried on that front.

He has dropped in form since England, but that could also have been a case of suffering from being in a bubble which considering he was great v Bath and Brive this season is my feeling.
Agree, we've got to remember the personal aspect of it. He was in the bubble, unable to see his baby son or partner, getting death threats. I can imagine under those conditions most of us would be a bit on edge with a shorter fuse. Let's let him settle back in for us before we make any judgements. Personally I can't wait to see a team with Wiese, Montoya & Genge in, ball carrying threats everywhere...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:18 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm Eh he didn't get into any bother during the game so not really too worried on that front.

He has dropped in form since England, but that could also have been a case of suffering from being in a bubble which considering he was great v Bath and Brive this season is my feeling.
Agree, we've got to remember the personal aspect of it. He was in the bubble, unable to see his baby son or partner, getting death threats. I can imagine under those conditions most of us would be a bit on edge with a shorter fuse. Let's let him settle back in for us before we make any judgements. Personally I can't wait to see a team with Wiese, Montoya & Genge in, ball carrying threats everywhere...
And Van Staden!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Don’t forget Nemani and Hanro
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

dunc wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:32 pm Don’t forget Nemani and Hanro
Tbf we can probably list 15 players we'll love seeing ball in hand with...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

bendy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm Do we know what passed between Genge and Welch btw? Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere in this thread.

I know he's one of those "I'd rather he was playing for us than against us" players, but I'm increasingly worried about Genge personally. He seems to be improving in the niggle stakes, and declining in the actually-playing-good-rugby stakes for me.
I have expressed my views a number of times, he's a great player, but I am concerned, when he started with us he was complaining about his background, which I have sympathies with, but he has always been a bit of a wind up merchant, who I think could explode sometime, unless he is very careful. I think he also gets wound up every time he is on the bench and lets his frustrations run riot when he gets on pitch, and almost every time he gives away a penalty.

I do sympathise with being in the lockdown bubble, but that's what you get for being an International, many other sports persons have given up representing their country for various or similar reasons and if that's what is troubling Ellis, then its in his hands, we can do with him at WR every week.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Genge had a massive smile on his face during that pre match flare up, I don't think Genge's temperament is in question there
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:47 pm Genge had a massive smile on his face during that pre match flare up, I don't think Genge's temperament is in question there
I agree. Like most of the so called altercations where Genge loses his cool, he is a wind up merchant and us never not in control. I notice in most of them he keeps his hands by his side purposefully so there can be no accusations of him starting the fight.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:08 am
JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:03 am Jasper Wiese has been selected for Flats' XV, that's going to properly rile everyone up. :smt003
It is, especially as he is the only Tiger in there, no Kelly, no Wells, no Liebenberg, no Ford.... Just a guy Falcons fans were saying should have been sent off....
I hadn't watched the Gloucester game it has to be said but I thought Kelly should have been up there.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I watched the Genge/Welch pre-match squabble again to see if I could see what happened. I could not, but it was good to see that of all of the people in the area at the time, it was SB who got between them and made sure it didn’t escalate. Not that proof were needed, but good to see our HC not duck out of conflict and confrontation such as this.

I do wonder (hope) if he subsequently spoke to Genge to make sure he doesn’t lose focus on the task at hand.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Genge has always been very good at lighting the touch paper and making sure he doesn’t get overly involved when the fireworks go off.

A bit rusty and perhaps frustrated seeing what he sees as his England starting berth being taken by the unfit and ineffective Macko engaging reverse gear in the scrum.