Gloucester away Sat 13th March

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester away Sat 13th March

Post by westwinds31 »

Can see us getting some joy in the set piece, especially at scrum time looking at their front row. Never easy at Glaws, but with no shed calling “forward” “offside” and “he’s in at the side” the whole game it will be interesting.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:34 am but with no shed calling “forward” “offside” and “he’s in at the side” the whole game it will be interesting.
I'm sure the TMO will replace them :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Kerr is a good player that has the potential to add to his solitary Scotland cap, hopefully he can get back into contention at Tigers but he faces really tough competition in Youngs & Montoya alongside Clare who since the Restart of the 19/20 season under Borthwick has outperformed what us fans had expected of him.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:13 am Kerr is a good player that has the potential to add to his solitary Scotland cap, hopefully he can get back into contention at Tigers but he faces really tough competition in Youngs & Montoya alongside Clare who since the Restart of the 19/20 season under Borthwick has outperformed what us fans had expected of him.
Clare has been a good example to Kerr. Clare can't compete with Kerr round the park and without being harsh Clare is a journeyman hooker. What Clare does do show is how working hard at the basics, the unflashy stuff can see you rewarded. Clare has been very good at the scrum and lineout. I think Walters has taken his fitness to a new level so his workrate has increased though he's always been willing.

Kerr has more natural talent and potential but he was maybe guilty of not working on his core hooker skills. His lineout work and scrumming weren't improving. You can bet he's working on those now and learning from those ahead of him. Montoya will be another brilliant example of a high end hooker that is everywhere round the park but has built up his basics first and foremost.
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:42 am
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:34 am but with no shed calling “forward” “offside” and “he’s in at the side” the whole game it will be interesting.
Shedhead 1 here
You missed the classic one ' Leicester tigers,,,always cheating' - that is one that always gets under your skin - I do remember the match in November 2018 when I think we had 15500 singing that one
Lets hope for a good game today - I have put a £5 on a draw
Bob
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

With these high winds I think I’m feeling less optimistic about our chances as Gloucester, as shown all season, are a good attacking side with ball in hand whereas our kicking game isn’t so effective.
Ed Slater will also outplay our two locks so we will have to play much better than our away form has been for the last 2 seasons.
It should still be a very good game as most of the games V Gloucester are.
Shame there’s no fans as the banter with the Gloucester fans is worth the ticket price alone!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I remember going to Gloucester and Roger Quittenton, the thinest referee in the world at the time, who had the longest whitest thinnest legs and the shortest whitest shorts, pulled up to the nipple line, elegantly skipped out onto the pitch at the start of the game, and hadn't actually put a foot onto the pitch, when a Gloucester supporter shouted out "Your a 'flipping' cheat Quittenton", and by the time he got to the half way line he'd had a barrage of "you're useless Quittenton"........etc, and he looked around and smiled, and everyone laughed.

And there wasn't any piped musak being pumped out over a PA system. Great days. Great supporters.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Gloucester's Kyle Moyle has failed a late fitness test - Carreras goes to 15, young Jake Morris goes to the left wing.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

shedhead1 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:11 am
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:42 am
Shedhead 1 here
You missed the classic one ' Leicester tigers,,,always cheating' - that is one that always gets under your skin - I do remember the match in November 2018 when I think we had 15500 singing that one
Lets hope for a good game today - I have put a £5 on a draw
Bob
Ha yeah I remember that when I visited. Stood in the Shed with a Gloucester supporting mate I took quite a bit of ribbing. Until Tigers won and I joined a couple of fellow Tigers at the front of the stand in a rendition of "same old Tigers always winning". Was all good fun and lots of hands shaken etc on the way out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Steward!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Sublime from Steward to save Cole’s blushes 👍
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Great defence, we can get in Barton’s face reckon we’ll get some change.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Moroni is a different gravy
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nice peel round the back by Kelly!