PREMIERSHIP ROUND 11

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: PREMIERSHIP ROUND 11

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 pm Think it’s harsh- does he not attempt to wrap?
It's that torpedo that they're trying to remove from the game, the arm doesn't try to wrap until the contact has taken place. It's tucked at point of contact.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Players are simply going to have to stop flying into rucks to make a clear out. That’s good, as it stops potential injury. Downside is that it will be pretty well impossible to shift players who are set very low over the ball. Generally illegally, as they’re not supporting they’re body weight
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not watching but a Chiefs red has cheered me up! Good game?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

I suppose the action is completely unnecessary and Yeadle has no control over what he is doing and does make contact with the head.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 pm Not watching but a Chiefs red has cheered me up! Good game?
Couple of cracking tries, decent game. Red and yellow card, both correct with the new interpretation of the laws and consistent with last weekend’s decisions. 15-15 HT with 2 tries each
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:42 pm I suppose the action is completely unnecessary and Yeadle has no control over what he is doing and does make contact with the head.
Same as Wiese. Only difference will be it’s Yeandles first offence so likely 50% reduction from 6 down to 3 weeks
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:43 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 pm Not watching but a Chiefs red has cheered me up! Good game?
Couple of cracking tries, decent game. Red and yellow card, both correct with the new interpretation of the laws and consistent with last weekend’s decisions. 15-15 HT with 2 tries each
Thanks 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I only hope Tom is watching this as he does have a tendency to come flying into the ruck from a distance to do a clear out
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

They said Yeandle has played 200 games without getting a yellow card. That's quite impressive.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:13 pm
Crofty wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:11 pm How is that only a yellow when Hanro saw red?
Player landed on his back whereas Wasps player landed on his head. Right call for me tonight as only yellow
Wasps player landed on his arms though. Hanro was as jumped into as he ran into the flying player, the Sale player ran into and skittled a stationary pod...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Yeandle worse than Wiese as he smashed into the Sale player who was being held by another Chief and held round the neck.
Exeter to me still seem to get away with more high tackles but then again Tigers under Johno got away with things.
Baxter speaking sensibly about the red card.
Good tactics too.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

The irony of disallowing a Sale try for blocking when Exeter do it ALL the time and get away with it! Pretty harsh call that :smt009
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:11 pm The irony of disallowing a Sale try for blocking when Exeter do it ALL the time and get away with it! Pretty harsh call that :smt009
I thought so too. It does feel like a Exeter get more than their fair share of the calls. Admirable in defence but it doesn’t look like the offside line applies to them in most instances this second half.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYS!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

How does Jones not pick Simmons, he is far more dynamic than B Vulipola.? :smt017