EUROPEAN RUGBY - Revised Format

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: EUROPEAN RUGBY - Revised Format

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:19 pm Tigers draw Connacht at Welford Road in the last 16 of the Challenge Cup.

Fairly happy with that. Can't remember us playing Connacht before, should be a good game!
They are 2nd in Conference B in the Pro 14. One of the tougher pairings we could have got to be honest but a very winnable fixture especially as we will be at home
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:21 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:19 pm Tigers draw Connacht at Welford Road in the last 16 of the Challenge Cup.

Fairly happy with that. Can't remember us playing Connacht before, should be a good game!
They are 2nd in Conference B in the Pro 14. One of the tougher pairings we could have got to be honest but a very winnable fixture especially as we will be at home
I’m happy with a tough game I think. Be a great chance to test ourselves and should have a full squad to pick for in April as well. Connacht are in great form this year, being at WR rather than in Galway is big - as you say, it’s winnable, but I relish the tougher challenge! (Not that I’ll be playing of course! :smt005 )
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:25 pm

I’m happy with a tough game I think. Be a great chance to test ourselves and should have a full squad to pick for in April as well. Connacht are in great form this year, being at WR rather than in Galway is big - as you say, it’s winnable, but I relish the tougher challenge! (Not that I’ll be playing of course! :smt005 )
+1 said it perfectly
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So round of 16 home to Connacht and then a potential home QF against Newcastle or Ospreys.

Notice the semi final will be at Welford Road too if we make it!

Sounds good to me :smt023
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

So pleased that we are playing Connacht at home, I would be really annoyed if the first time we played them was away and we were not able to travel to watch them, that isthe only Irish Province we have not yet visited.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Montpellier vs Glasgow will be a cracking game
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

A very good draw for us. :smt045
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Silverware could be reachable IF and only if we respect the challenge.
Oh the joy.....I'm almost getting giddy with delight......
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The draws opened up nicely for us! Gonna have a look at our odds to win it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Champions Cup last 16 draw
Munster vs Toulouse
Gloucester vs La Rochelle
Wasps vs Clermont Auvergne
Exeter Chiefs vs Lyon
Leinster vs Toulon
Bordeaux-Begles vs Bristol Bears
Racing 92 vs Edinburgh
Scarlets vs Sale Sharks

Quarter-finals
Exeter Chiefs or Lyon vs Leinster or Toulon
Wasps or Clermont vs Munster or Toulouse
Gloucester or La Rochelle vs Scarlets vs Sale Sharks
Bordeaux-Begles or Bristol Bears vs Racing 92 or Edinburgh
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Challenge Cup last 16
Fixtures on 2, 3 and 4 April

Dragons vs Northampton Saints
Ospreys vs Newcastle Falcons
London Irish vs Cardiff Blues
Harlequins vs Ulster
Benetton vs Agen
Zebre vs Bath
Leicester Tigers vs Connacht
Montpellier vs Glasgow Warriors

Quarter-finals
Fixtures on 9, 10 and 11 Aprl

Montpellier or Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton or Agen
Dragons or Northampton Saints vs Harlequins or Ulster
Zebre or Bath vs London Irish or Cardiff Blues
Leicester Tigers or Connacht vs Ospreys or Newcastle Falcons
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Agreed. Will be a great chance towards the end of SB's first full season in charge to test ourselves against a quality in form opposition with hopefully a full strength squad to pick from. Will hopefully be a good indicator of how far we've come so far :smt023
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

My Irish insiders tell me Connacht are capable of beating anyone at home, but flatter to deceive away from home, it's all down to what happens on the day, shame we cannot have a full house of fans roaring the team on, but safety first.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:59 pm My Irish insiders tell me Connacht are capable of beating anyone at home, but flatter to deceive away from home, it's all down to what happens on the day, shame we cannot have a full house of fans roaring the team on, but safety first.
I've been to Galway a number of times in the distant past for work meetings, driven past the ground, its always been raining, so I couldn't see across the famous and beautiful Galway Bay, so hopefully WR will provide better weather for a good game. Sadly we wont be seeing a couple of ex Tigers.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »