May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I can’t wait to get back!
Last edited by TigerBoy1880 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:56 am Bit of an odd one for the club, if & its a big if fans were allowed in, if it involves extra financial outlay for one game that might not be needed for the 21/22 season is it financially prudent to spend money we don't really have?

Might be one to get the players/staff families in as a thank you?
Fair points but I think the club (and all the fans) are desperate to go back, but I would argue as its only for one game it's less of a hit to have 6,250 odd fans rather than half of season of socially distanced crowds. I agree though that players/staff families should be prioritised alongside local key workers within the season ticket-holders.
I hate to say it but I think the NHS staff are likely to still be rather busy.
Yes, but I said key workers. Not just NHS staff.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Pleas could we stick to the topic of the thread.
Thanks
:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hope everyone is well and it’s personal choice whether to take the vaccine. I won’t be but understand why others would.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:40 pm Hope everyone is well and it’s personal choice whether to take the vaccine. I won’t be but understand why others would.
I appreciate it's a personal choice, but if it's the difference between being allowed into Mattiolli Woods Welford Road or not, I'll be getting mine thanks.
There is much stuff on social media about the vaccine, such as "you don't know what's in it!". Same people probably think nothing of stuffing a chicken balti pie, hot dog or burger down,and sometimes a curry on the way home, because we all know what's in those don't we.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I will not return unless there is a ban on people who have not been vaccinated. Non-vaccinated people can be asymptomatic and can spread Covid 19. There will be full throated shouting and in a stadium even a quarter full there will be a wide dispersal of droplets and potential contamination. I have COPD, catching Covid could kill me.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How are those who dont want to be around those who are unvaccinated going to be able to go shopping, walk around a crowded town,go to family weddings,parties,funerals etc? They are surely going to have to stay away from EVERYWHERE that could be a risk.

Gotta keep that same energy!

The vaccinated can still spread it too!
Last edited by Scott1 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 pm I will not return unless there is a ban on people who have not been vaccinated. Non-vaccinated people can be asymptomatic and can spread Covid 19. There will be full throated shouting and in a stadium even a quarter full there will be a wide dispersal of droplets and potential contamination. I have COPD, catching Covid could kill me.
Completely different your viewpoint, but as a 32 year old, with no underlying health concerns I likely won't have been offered the vaccine at the point where the stadium is first open. I will stress I fully plan on having the vaccine as soon as I'm able, but if it becomes a requirement to have a jab this season I feel it would be incredibly harsh on me to be penalised based solely on the fact I'm patiently waiting my turn for the vaccine.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:58 pm How are those who dont want to be around those who are unvaccinated going to be able to go shopping, walk around a crowded town,go to family weddings,parties,funerals etc? They are surely going to have to stay away from EVERYWHERE that could be a risk.

The vaccinated can spread it.
They can, but at a lower rate.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm
Old Hob wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 pm I will not return unless there is a ban on people who have not been vaccinated. Non-vaccinated people can be asymptomatic and can spread Covid 19. There will be full throated shouting and in a stadium even a quarter full there will be a wide dispersal of droplets and potential contamination. I have COPD, catching Covid could kill me.
Completely different your viewpoint, but as a 32 year old, with no underlying health concerns I likely won't have been offered the vaccine at the point where the stadium is first open. I will stress I fully plan on having the vaccine as soon as I'm able, but if it becomes a requirement to have a jab this season I feel it would be incredibly harsh on me to be penalised based solely on the fact I'm patiently waiting my turn for the vaccine.
It would be considering younger people have given up a portion of their lives for the elderly only to have the goalposts moved by the government AGAIN,I find it incredibly selfish and cant stand the virtue signalling!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:58 pm How are those who dont want to be around those who are unvaccinated going to be able to go shopping, walk around a crowded town,go to family weddings,parties,funerals etc? They are surely going to have to stay away from EVERYWHERE that could be a risk.

The vaccinated can spread it.
They can, but at a lower rate.
It's still a risk either way!
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:08 pm
It would be considering younger people have given up a portion of their lives for the elderly only to have the goalposts moved by the government AGAIN,I find it incredibly selfish and cant stand the virtue signalling!
Or everyone could be jabbed.......
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Have no issues with requiring the vaccine once all have had the opportunity, it's more how they manage the return before everyone is on a level playing field of having been offered it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Why?! If you've been jabbed you're ok. Do you really think theres that big a difference between me being or not being jabbed?
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Why?! If you've been jabbed you're ok. Do you really think theres that big a difference between me being or not being jabbed?
Pretty sure I am far off getting a jab, if it reduces transmission in addition to reducing the effects, jab away, funny thing is it's about protecting others as much as yourself.