May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Post by loretta »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:39 pm
loretta wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:28 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Which either means one of two things. One,it’s being relabelled as COVID. Or two its adapting and we are gonna have the mother of all flu pandemics at some stage and we are all being advised to wear masks,social distance,scrub our hands and kill our own immune systems!
Do you think it’s hiding out while it cooks up it’s evil plan? It’s simply the result of good hygiene!!
Do you understand simple virology? Viruses can't survive without hosts,the idea that flu has simply disappeared is ludicrous! What they do is adapt and I am very worried about the next strain,once Covid isn't the dominant virus anymore we could see the most contagious flu strain ever!

And to everyone one on here I will reconsider my thoughts on the vaccination,but am a little worried. I wont comment on it anymore,everyone be safe!
I originally wrote a long paragraph here on the subject of virology, evolution etc. Which by the way, I’m qualified to do. But, as an afterthought I considered it pointless. Plus Tigerbeat asked us to keep on topic. So I deleted it

Anyway, get the vaccine or don’t. It’s up to you, but decisions have consequences. I buried my Uncle today. He died of Covid. The vaccine came too late for him, but I guarantee he’d have liked the choice
Last edited by loretta on Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please stick on topic
Thanks
:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MJB

Post by MJB »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm From what I've seen May 17th fans will be allowed back in stadiums

I think Welford road will go in to the allows ¼ of capacity up to 10,000 so will be just under 6½ thousand allowed.
Not wanting to put a damper on this, I think it will be a maximum of 4,000 allowed in at Welford Road.
From the BBC website:

"Performances and large events will be subject to limits though. For indoor events they can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, and outdoors they can be at half capacity or 4,000 people - whichever is lower. For large venues (at least 40,000 capacity) up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

MJB wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm From what I've seen May 17th fans will be allowed back in stadiums

I think Welford road will go in to the allows ¼ of capacity up to 10,000 so will be just under 6½ thousand allowed.
Not wanting to put a damper on this, I think it will be a maximum of 4,000 allowed in at Welford Road.
From the BBC website:

"Performances and large events will be subject to limits though. For indoor events they can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, and outdoors they can be at half capacity or 4,000 people - whichever is lower. For large venues (at least 40,000 capacity) up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend"
Large stadiums can have ½ up to 4,000
Even larger can have ¼ capacity up to 10,000

So we can utilize ¼ capacity. The government website doesn't state that large venues have to be 40,000 plus that I saw, only that 40,000 capacity and above gave max capacity.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dont forget that the natural capacity will probably be reduced to about 18,000 with the Crumbie Stand being out of use and designated as a RED Area where only Players and Officials and designated people will be allowed.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Hence my point if it's one game under those conditions, is it worth the expense?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I read yesterday that Sports bodies were very much in favour of Covid Passports, along with the EU and the Rest of the World.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I think this is going to be an issue for next season assuming that it starts at its usual time. This season is a write-off. I do think liability is going to be an issue.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:08 pm
It would be considering younger people have given up a portion of their lives for the elderly only to have the goalposts moved by the government AGAIN,I find it incredibly selfish and cant stand the virtue signalling!
Or everyone could be jabbed.......
Why?! If you've been jabbed you're ok. Do you really think theres that big a difference between me being or not being jabbed?
Most definitely. I'm surprised that you obviously don't,
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Or everyone could be jabbed.......
Why?! If you've been jabbed you're ok. Do you really think theres that big a difference between me being or not being jabbed?
Why would anyone not want to be jabbed, if not for the good of themselves then for the good of the community at large.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dokie wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:55 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Why would anyone not want to be jabbed, if not for the good of themselves then for the good of the community at large.
Not wanting this topic to deviate way off topic, there may be people who can not have the vaccine for health or religious reasons or some that are feeling nervous about it. The majority of the public are taking up the offer of the jab but those for those who dont want it, their decision should be respected. I have just had mine today.
The requirements for fans coming back to stadiums has not been formally announced as there is bound to be some rigorous planning for the return of fans, when it happens.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Regardless of everyone's view on vaccines, if club can get more supporters into the ground by insisting on vaccine passports they'll do that. It will come down to the amount of fans that will or won't attend in each scenario and the cost of stafffing turnstiles to check etc etc.

I suspect the average age of the physical fanbase that goes the Welford Road is higher than people might think, and that vaccine passports may be the most popular solution.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:09 pm Regardless of everyone's view on vaccines, if club can get more supporters into the ground by insisting on vaccine passports they'll do that. It will come down to the amount of fans that will or won't attend in each scenario and the cost of stafffing turnstiles to check etc etc.

I suspect the average age of the physical fanbase that goes the Welford Road is higher than people might think, and that vaccine passports may be the most popular solution.
I think so and would respect that. Won’t be very good that no kids at all can come to any games though for the foreseeable future.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Dear oh dear this is getting a bit tedious and silly now. If this must be discussed, can we not wait until the POLITICAL decision has been made and then discuss that based on what the situation is with Tigers? I’m not sure what continuing along as currently is really achieving. This is more of a political debate than a rugby one at the moment.There is a chit chat section on the forum as well that may be better suited.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Stand long enough in a busy place looking up & pointing, others will join you, its not a new phenomenon....
May 17th is all rather theoretical anyway, the club MIGHT be able to have fans.
To win is not as important as playing with style!