May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Post by mol2 »

Even a quarter full Welford Road will be be better than nothing. (And probably more than some sides would have got in normal times)

If things are clearly going well t may well be the numbers might be greater and the Crumbie open. Indeed it wouldn't be that hard to keep parts of it open whilst allowing space for the players to pass through safely. At present the changing room changes and set up are geared to no crowds. With a bit of thought there may well be scope for moving things around to maximise capacity within the permissible crowd numbers.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Today marks exactly a year since fans were last in Welford Road, the win against Worcester. Hopefully, we're not too far away from some fans returning again (fingers crossed).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

mol2 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:08 pm Even a quarter full Welford Road will be be better than nothing. (And probably more than some sides would have got in normal times)

If things are clearly going well t may well be the numbers might be greater and the Crumbie open. Indeed it wouldn't be that hard to keep parts of it open whilst allowing space for the players to pass through safely. At present the changing room changes and set up are geared to no crowds. With a bit of thought there may well be scope for moving things around to maximise capacity within the permissible crowd numbers.
Don't quote me, but the plans already drawn up for limited crowds returning don't include anyone on the terrace - for the simple reason of managing social distancing.
Judging on the numbers quoted on gov.uk, we could get 6k in the ground - suspect the whole of the crumbie will be "fanless" to maintain a red zone (area where only players, officials and journos are allowed) and the majority of the fans would be in the 3 bigger stands - well spread out obviously... thats for the Bristol game (assuming nothing changes) and obviously the home semi final !!! :smt030 :smt030

As for next season - who knows? All adults will have been offered a vaccine by then, but suspect that it wont be a straight return to the old days. Talks of vaccine passports etc but all too far off to speculate now i suspect.
Less is more....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bunchy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:48 pm
mol2 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:08 pm Even a quarter full Welford Road will be be better than nothing. (And probably more than some sides would have got in normal times)

Don't quote me, but the plans already drawn up for limited crowds returning don't include anyone on the terrace - for the simple reason of managing social distancing.
Judging on the numbers quoted on gov.uk, we could get 6k in the ground - suspect the whole of the crumbie will be "fanless" to maintain a red zone (area where only players, officials and journos are allowed) and the majority of the fans would be in the 3 bigger stands - well spread out obviously... thats for the Bristol game (assuming nothing changes) and obviously the home semi final !!! :smt030 :smt030

As for next season - who knows? All adults will have been offered a vaccine by then, but suspect that it wont be a straight return to the old days. Talks of vaccine passports etc but all too far off to speculate now i suspect.
6000 would be quite a high figure as guess the whole of the Crumbie Stand would be out of service as access is generally through the tunnel..........4000 is probably a more realistic number.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

All best case scenario of course...I say again will the financial outlay for one game be worth it?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The club are constantly talking about the desperation to get fans back into the stadium, so I'm sure that is an indication that they're willing to take the financial hit for one game, especially if the signs remain good for a complete return of fans in September.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:51 pm The club are constantly talking about the desperation to get fans back into the stadium, so I'm sure that is an indication that they're willing to take the financial hit for one game, especially if the signs remain good for a complete return of fans in September.
Since it has been a year since the stadium was last used there will need to be some Training delivered to Stewards both new and old and this is a significant expense........I am doubtful that fans will be back in the Stadium this season.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:51 pm The club are constantly talking about the desperation to get fans back into the stadium, so I'm sure that is an indication that they're willing to take the financial hit for one game, especially if the signs remain good for a complete return of fans in September.
Since it has been a year since the stadium was last used there will need to be some Training delivered to Stewards both new and old and this is a significant expense........I am doubtful that fans will be back in the Stadium this season.
I thought when the Tier systems were introduced they put into place a plan for how to safely deal with fans in the midst of Social distancing. So would think a few tewaks to that and a one off update training and we could be ready to roll.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

A little more information.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56683611
As Good As It Gets
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:41 am A little more information.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56683611
So. Covid passports of some type may be on the cards. 2 thoughts occurred to me.

On complaints that it would split fans into those who can go and those who can't, what world do people live in where we're all are equal in attending games? We already have people who can't go because they can't afford the cost, because of work commitments, because of ticket availability, because of difficulty in transport etc. At least the solution to this is one is free and available to the majority of us.

It's not a case of stopping fans from getting in. The point of these measures is to allow more freedom to many of us. The alternative is to have no crowds, not full ones.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As long as it’s not longterm, I don’t have any concerns. By the point Mattioli Woods Welford Road can have a full crowd in August you would hope all over 18s will have been offered one dose of the vaccine by then, so I don’t see a problem with having these measures. As Loretta says, we may object to this for political/ideological reasons, but I would rather some fans be able to go than none at all.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

JP14 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:31 am As long as it’s not longterm, I don’t have any concerns. By the point Mattioli Woods Welford Road can have a full crowd in August you would hope all over 18s will have been offered one dose of the vaccine by then, so I don’t see a problem with having these measures. As Loretta says, we may object to this for political/ideological reasons, but I would rather some fans be able to go than none at all.
I can't see the point of making it a longterm arrangement. Once the vaccination programme is complete and restrictions are lifted, those who have declined and are generally concentrated in urban centres will likely be exposed in general life. Realistically, after that, there's not a lot more that can be realistically done.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I know I will get abuse for my views but nevertheless, they are sincerely held. I really do feel that we cannot just open the stadium fully this season or next without some sort of proof of covid status. if that is an entry test/app for vaccine status/passport so be it, I will welcome that. If you choose not to have the vaccine, that is your choice on the whole. I know that some may not be able to have the vaccine which is why an entry test is your way into the stadium. There may be a very small number who can't do either but I do not believe that it would be many. I also do not believe that these restrictions would be here forever as more and more of the unvaccinated people will catch it and will have developed immunity but not for this season or next. I also believe that there are a larger number of people who do not like being told what they are allowed to do and will make a stand over this - sorry - you can't come!
Hehehehehehehehe
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

The biggest question for me would be the method by which vaccination status would be proved.The little blue cards that you're issued would be too easily forged/transferred. I imagine there'll be apps under development, but there are problems associated with that. Perhaps season ticket holder's (surely those most likely to be admitted) could share their status directly with the club and that would enable their cards at the turnstiles.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's coercion and it's illegal! Absolutely disgrace,oh well I'll watch on television, the amount of young people who want a vaccine just so they can go abroad and have a pint is nindblowing! And now they are after our kids too! They can stay the hell away from mine!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer