Charging down a conversion

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GETHIN EXILE

Charging down a conversion

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Have just rewatched the incident at the end of the Exeter game. Ridley made a big mistake in not reviewing it as prior to Simmonds making his little shuffle movement 4 Northampton players were lined up with a foot on the try line, therefore offside at the kick as the laws say the defenders must line up "behind the try line", although not the guy who kicks the ball away, so the kick should have been retaken with the defence having to remain stationary.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Charging down a conversion

Post by ads »

Funny though!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ads wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 pmFunny though!!
Yes,couldn’t have happened to a better team 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:30 pm
Barf?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Barf?
Chiefs mate.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Barf?
Chiefs mate.
I quite like Exeter, plus I think Baxter is a class act. Barf on the other hand...... My comtempt and loathing has no bounds.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:53 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Barf?
Chiefs mate.
I quite like Exeter, plus I think Baxter is a class act. Barf on the other hand...... My comtempt and loathing has no bounds.
Everyone hates Bath don’t they 😂👍
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Kickers with St Vitus' Dance better watch out!
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Contempt, hate and loathing is not words that most people would want to hear about another rugby club, I thought our rugby community was better than that, I’m sure there are lots of supporters of other clubs who feel the same about us but I have never seen it put in writing before, poor form by those posters and can’t understand why they have those feelings about Bath.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

BigDan50 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm Contempt, hate and loathing is not words that most people would want to hear about another rugby club, I thought our rugby community was better than that, I’m sure there are lots of supporters of other clubs who feel the same about us but I have never seen it put in writing before, poor form by those posters and can’t understand why they have those feelings about Bath.
I completely agree, but I think the comment was made in a clearly lighthearted manner (unless I misjudged it)

I absolutely love seeing us beat Saints (then Bath).
I also adore seeing England beat France at rugby, or Australia at cricket, or Warwickshire beating Worcestershire at cricket.

I don't wish anyone any bad feeling but I do also support whoever's playing them too 😉
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:13 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm Contempt, hate and loathing is not words that most people would want to hear about another rugby club, I thought our rugby community was better than that, I’m sure there are lots of supporters of other clubs who feel the same about us but I have never seen it put in writing before, poor form by those posters and can’t understand why they have those feelings about Bath.
I completely agree, but I think the comment was made in a clearly lighthearted manner (unless I misjudged it)

I absolutely love seeing us beat Saints (then Bath).
I also adore seeing England beat France at rugby, or Australia at cricket, or Warwickshire beating Worcestershire at cricket.

I don't wish anyone any bad feeling but I do also support whoever's playing them too 😉
You did not misjudge sir. For which heartfelt thanks. I was merely reflecting on how bias has changed over the years. My time on the Crumbie was influenced by such comments as "Are you watching, Stuart Barnes?" and "Bring on the Barf".

Now it seems Saints and lately Exeter are taking a bit of a hit?

Just for the record I did not mention the word hate..... Too strong a word indeed and a word I never used.

However if questioned deeply enough many old stagers on here would have a contempt for, if not a loathing of, Mr Barnes. If you don't remember who he's was/is..... Shame on you. 🤣🤣🤣
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Was it still technically a charge down as he didn't kick it :smt017 :smt001

Whilst by the letter of the law the kicker took "a step" towards the ball, it was a tiny shuffle and I am surprised Saints weren't sent back.

Still, he'll be more careful next time and I think he would have missed anyway :smt048 :smt030
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Rob Baxter's post match reaction very classy..... no complaints or anger , simply accepted the situation for what it was.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 am Rob Baxter's post match reaction very classy..... no complaints or anger , simply accepted the situation for what it was.
Bloke is a class act. Another reason I admire Exeter.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rob Baxter is probably the only thing I admire about Exeter, few have his class in a post-match interview come victory or defeat.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni