Championship
Jonny Law - Ampthill
Sam Aspland-Robinson - Coventry
Sam lewis - Coventry
Osman Dimen - Nottingham
Jordan Coghlan - Nottingham
Emeka Ilione - Nottingham
Joe Browning - Nottingham

Jonny Law is starting for Ampthill v Bedford on Saturday 1pm £10 for the livestream if you are interested

Sam Lewis starts at 6 for Coventry v Saracens Saturday 3pm kick off it’s streamed for free on the Saracens website
Last edited by RagingBull on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers on Loan

Post by RunTigerRun »

Did I miss that Loan announcement or do you think this is a more, game-by-game loan deal?

Impressed by Law in the Prem 7s last season - we really do have some great young 9s coming through!
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:23 pm Jonny Law is starting for Ampthill v Bedford on Saturday 1pm £10 for the livestream if you are interested

Sam Lewis starts at 6 for Coventry v Saracens Saturday 3pm kick off it’s streamed for free on the Saracens website
I think I may watch the Coventry match - Lewis hasn't had a start since January last year. Try and watch the Tigers match at the same time! Not sure you can re-watch on the Saracens website. Hoping he does well - he must be hungry for a good run out.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:26 pm Did I miss that Loan announcement or do you think this is a more, game-by-game loan deal?

Impressed by Law in the Prem 7s last season - we really do have some great young 9s coming through!
No announcement.

Will be interesting to see what we do.
Can't keep White, JVP, Law and Edwards all happy really.
Also have Gelderbloom in the U18.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:26 pm Did I miss that Loan announcement or do you think this is a more, game-by-game loan deal?

No announcement.

Will be interesting to see what we do.
Can't keep White, JVP, Law and Edwards all happy really.
Also have Gelderbloom in the U18.
That’ll be why I missed it!

Agreed, wonder if Wiggy will move more into coaching leaving Lenny, JVP, White as senior options with Law and Edwards as dev.

I read somewhere Law used to play 10 and kicked for goal, given we have no real 10 options in the dev squad I wonder if this is a possibility? Or even a French style 9/10?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jonny Law scores a try off the bench for ampthill in their win v Bedford
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers on Loan Watch

Post by RagingBull »

Updated the list
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:24 am Updated the list
Cheers RB you're a star!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Glad to see Olowofela given a chance in super rugby. Always thought he was a talented player, but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him the last couple of seasons.

This could revitalise his career, get his confidence back up then he could return with a realistic chance of getting a spot in the senior squad.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

This is a good post RB.

It is important that young players get regular competitive game time in order to develop game skills. Hopefully this post will be able to keep an eye on progress. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Snoopydog68 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:23 pm Jonny Law is starting for Ampthill v Bedford on Saturday 1pm £10 for the livestream if you are interested

I think I may watch the Coventry match - Lewis hasn't had a start since January last year. Try and watch the Tigers match at the same time! Not sure you can re-watch on the Saracens website. Hoping he does well - he must be hungry for a good run out.
Don't think you'll have a problem. Tigers play on Friday night, Coventry appear to be playing Saturday.
Give blood, play rugby!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

wardy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am
Snoopydog68 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Don't think you'll have a problem. Tigers play on Friday night, Coventry appear to be playing Saturday.
Think that was from the other week when Cov had a warm up game vs Sarries
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nottingham v Ealing Sunday 1 pm
#8 - Jordan Coghlan
#11 - Joe Browning

(Former Tiger Farnworth starts at 2 and Charlie Thacker + Sio are on the bench)

Coventry v Bedford Saturday 3 pm
#6 - Sam Lewis
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 am Glad to see Olowofela given a chance in super rugby. Always thought he was a talented player, but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him the last couple of seasons.

This could revitalise his career, get his confidence back up then he could return with a realistic chance of getting a spot in the senior squad.
Olowofela is now out of his 14 day mandatory quarantine and got to meet his new team mates for the first time in Sydney today. He also got to see Western Force beat Waratahs in a close game, and featured in a brief interview with the touchline reporter during the match.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
rugbym4dmike
Tiger Cub

Post by rugbym4dmike »

He definately has the potential to be very good, just needs to get back the confidence he had when he was a youngster, and also the freedom to take on his opposte wing, the last few games he appeared to be holding back and then getting caught out of position, therefore missing tackles.