Tigers on Loan Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers on Loan Watch

Post by ay2oh »

Worth has had plenty of games but never nailed down a place in the squad except when we have had lots of injuries/international call ups.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:58 pm Worth has had plenty of games but never nailed down a place in the squad except when we have had lots of injuries/international call ups.
Like McPhillips he may have played a bit but he was never consistently picked in ome position, that makes it hard to develop
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=Snoopydog68 post_id=776175 time=1618138830 user_id=36139]
[quote=TigerMac3 post_id=775722 time=1617999653 user_id=11625]
Wonder why we’ve still seen nothing of Sam A-R in a Cov shirt?
[/quote]

SAR has only had a weeks training with Cov. They had last week off. I'm sure he'll feature soon otherwise what's the point.

Looking forward to the Cov game this afternoon. Their starting no 6 had a belter of a game last time out against Nottingham. Sam Lewis on the bench, not sure if he'll come on as lock or 6.
[/quote]

Cov's 6 is Nayalo - Figiian heritage and build, and in the army. Was previously at L.I. and Edinburgh. He scored again today. Not sure that Sam Lewis will start ahead of him at 6 while on this form. Interestingly, Cov have Sam listed as a second rower.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Worth should be looked at as a 12, not a full back
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 am Glad to see Olowofela given a chance in super rugby. Always thought he was a talented player, but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him the last couple of seasons.

This could revitalise his career, get his confidence back up then he could return with a realistic chance of getting a spot in the senior squad.
To make it in the Prem, JO needs to put on about a stone or two of muscle.
For example, look at Paolo Odogwu. Very similar situation. With Sale and Wasps he's bulked up a bit and is playing more Prem rugby.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

MurphysLaw wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:26 pm
Snoopydog68 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:00 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm Wonder why we’ve still seen nothing of Sam A-R in a Cov shirt?
SAR has only had a weeks training with Cov. They had last week off. I'm sure he'll feature soon otherwise what's the point.

Looking forward to the Cov game this afternoon. Their starting no 6 had a belter of a game last time out against Nottingham. Sam Lewis on the bench, not sure if he'll come on as lock or 6.
Cov's 6 is Nayalo - Figiian heritage and build, and in the army. Was previously at L.I. and Edinburgh. He scored again today. Not sure that Sam Lewis will start ahead of him at 6 while on this form. Interestingly, Cov have Sam listed as a second rower.
Lewis came on as a 7 this afternoon - He has started ahead of Nayalo in the first 2 games of the championship (think Nayalo was coming back from an injury). Lewis had a good game - the combination of Nayalo and Lewis worked really well for Coventry in the last 20 minutes.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:27 pm Worth should be looked at as a 12, not a full back
13 for me, 12 you need to be a 2nd playmaker and at this level I don't see that in him, Worth is a bulkier player and I see 13 as his only possible position, if Tigers decide to retain him, which I think is doubtful with our recent signings.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The problem with Worth currently is regardless of the position I don't know if he would be considered 3rd choice in any of them.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I personally struggle to judge the likes of Worth and Olowofela because they were playing in a poorly playing/coached team most of the time.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JWM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 am Glad to see Olowofela given a chance in super rugby. Always thought he was a talented player, but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him the last couple of seasons.

This could revitalise his career, get his confidence back up then he could return with a realistic chance of getting a spot in the senior squad.
To make it in the Prem, JO needs to put on about a stone or two of muscle.
For example, look at Paolo Odogwu. Very similar situation. With Sale and Wasps he's bulked up a bit and is playing more Prem rugby.
Paolo Odogwu is different, he was once played at prop I think at school level. He always had a bit of bulk on him, that wasn't his issue at Tigers or at Sale. Quite frankly, it beggars belief that posters just can't comprehend that Olowofela is perhaps unable to add muscle/weight.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
rugbym4dmike
Tiger Cub

Post by rugbym4dmike »

IMO it appeared to be a confidence issue with Jo, as he was unwilling to trust his pace and got caught in two minds what to do, which led to a downward spiral and caused those serious lapses in defence. If he gets some game time and builds up his confidence and does what he did in under 20's I don't he will need to try and bulk up too much, also as he gets older he will naturally add weight, which will enable him to train with more intensity.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Olowofela is tall and wiry, that is his build. He played better for us than many seem to remember, I do believe he is a slow developer and the best is yet to come, he is not going to bulk up suddenly and to do so would cost him speed. Whether or not he makes the Borthwick grade is a question but he is being given a chance and I am sure that he will work to be the best he can be.
I like George Worth as a player, he is a more than useful pragmatic style of fullback, a competent centre or even a flyhalf, I think he is a more than useful squad player but I don't believe he is top four Premiership starter quality and that is what we need in our first and second choices except in the case of developing potential.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

Happy birthday Jordan.

Hopefully you can celebrate tonight with a win!

https://www.facebook.com/14206861583189 ... 055032614/
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

Does anyone know how Jordan is getting on vs the Waratahs?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scored his first try. Although generally pretty quiet.