Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers on Loan Watch

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=RagingBull post_id=770036 time=1614945897 user_id=10459]
Nottingham v Ealing Sunday 1 pm
#8 - Jordan Coghlan
#11 - Joe Browning

(Former Tiger Farnworth starts at 2 and Charlie Thacker + Sio are on the bench)

Coventry v Bedford Saturday 3 pm
#6 - Sam Lewis
[/quote]

Ampthill v Doncaster Knights Sunday 1 pm
Jonny Law - on the bench
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Streams are £10 PPV.

Might buy a couple of Nottingham games if they start Ilione and Browning together
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I might pay for the Nottingham stream on Sunday. It's two exciting sides against each other. As well as Browning there's the matchup of two exciting young fly-halves and good back rows. Smid, Murphy and Thompson vs Coghlan, Kirwan and Curran are quality Championship back rows.

Curtis would be up there with Barton as a development 10 I'd love Tigers to nab. Probably won't tempt him from Sale though.

Willis is a very talented player though who could be a shrewd signing.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ABClub wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:42 pm I might pay for the Nottingham stream on Sunday. It's two exciting sides against each other. As well as Browning there's the matchup of two exciting young fly-halves and good back rows. Smid, Murphy and Thompson vs Coghlan, Kirwan and Curran are quality Championship back rows.

Curtis would be up there with Barton as a development 10 I'd love Tigers to nab. Probably won't tempt him from Sale though.

Well he has AJ McGinty, Rob du Preez and Kirean Wilkinson ahead of him so IDK about not being able to tempt him.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I am looking forward to seeing how young Sam Lewis develops. The young man needs game time, he’s a bit random and unorthodox but that’s also something to be celebrated. I have ready many posts stating how he needs to bulk up to match the Premiership ...how about getting strong enough to be better ..?
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:14 am I am looking forward to seeing how young Sam Lewis develops. The young man needs game time, he’s a bit random and unorthodox but that’s also something to be celebrated. I have ready many posts stating how he needs to bulk up to match the Premiership ...how about getting strong enough to be better ..?
Random and unorthodox? I've heard Lewis was told to slim down in the 2018/2019 season and now told he's not big enough. The size of flankers (which he is now rather than lock) has changed to bigger and bulkier. Hopefully game time in the Championship will make him stronger. The reason he isn't is because he's never really had a chance to prove what he is capable of in the premiership. He played exceptionally well in the European matches pre-covid and also in the odd prem games he was picked for. I just feel for him. Has the potential to be a really good asset for a club if only he's given the chance. He is out of contract this year and I think he's at Coventry so he can show other clubs what he's capable of so he can get a contract elsewhere. This myth that the players are being loaned out so they can come back to Tigers better and stronger is just that. Some of those players loaned out will not be returning to Tigers next season I think. Borthwick has not picked them to play in the prem for a reason and it's because he doesn't want them in his squad.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:45 pm
ABClub wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:42 pm I might pay for the Nottingham stream on Sunday. It's two exciting sides against each other. As well as Browning there's the matchup of two exciting young fly-halves and good back rows. Smid, Murphy and Thompson vs Coghlan, Kirwan and Curran are quality Championship back rows.

Well he has AJ McGinty, Rob du Preez and Kirean Wilkinson ahead of him so IDK about not being able to tempt him.
McGinty comes out of contract at the end of next season though, if Wilkson and Curtis are good enough they may choose to back the youngsters.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ABClub wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:39 am

McGinty comes out of contract at the end of next season though, if Wilkson and Curtis are good enough they may choose to back the youngsters.

Doubt it McGinty is their best 10.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

McGinty is in sensational form at the moment.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sam Lewis starts at 6 tomorrow 6pm for Coventry game v Doncaster
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Glad to see him stick at blindside, his best position. In a few years he could be making waves in the premiership, just needs gametime.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:06 am
ABClub wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:39 am

Doubt it McGinty is their best 10.
Agreed. He hasn't always shown his best form but this season he's been outstanding and Rob du Preez is struggling to get a look in. With neither of those two likely to get called up there's less opportunity for a development flyhalf unless injury strikes.
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 pm Sam Lewis starts at 6 tomorrow 6pm for Coventry game v Doncaster
2 starts in a row in the championship and 2 starts and a bench in the friendlies - good lad, they must like him at Coventry. Better than the tiny bench appearances he had in the re-start last year for us. At last he's getting a chance to play some decent rugby to show Tigers what he can do. :smt041
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ex Tiger Rob Hardwick on the bench for Bedford
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=Snoopydog68 post_id=771290 time=1615481465 user_id=36139]
[quote=RagingBull post_id=771244 time=1615464687 user_id=10459]
Sam Lewis starts at 6 tomorrow 6pm for Coventry game v Doncaster
[/quote]

2 starts in a row in the championship and 2 starts and a bench in the friendlies - good lad, they must like him at Coventry. Better than the tiny bench appearances he had in the re-start last year for us. At last he's getting a chance to play some decent rugby to show Tigers what he can do. :smt041
[/quote]

A narrow 20-19 defeat for Cov.