Tigers on Loan Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tjs10inOz

Re: Tigers on Loan Watch

Post by tjs10inOz »

I don't think poor Jordan is much of a public singer!

He looked a bit hesitant to join in with the John Farnham classic being belted out post-match by the rest of the squad. Even the Argies tried their best to sing along:

https://twitter.com/westernforce/status ... 24295?s=19

For context, tradition in Australia is for teams to sing a victory song after they win, but Force (with few wins to speak of!) choose to sing a random song if/when they win. Last time they won it was a shocking rendition of an Adele hit.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Browning got a try assist for Nottingham today and in the Player ratings on the rugby paper had a 8/10 (Highest Nottingham rating and joint highest with Hartbury's openside Clementson)

Sounds like he had a very good game.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:49 am Browning got a try assist for Nottingham today and in the Player ratings on the rugby paper had a 8/10 (Highest Nottingham rating and joint highest with Hartbury's openside Clementson)

That’s good to hear RB!!

Sounds like he has all the attributes to make a Watson style winger from what I’ve heard - pace, some power but runs intelligent lines. Looking forwards to seeing Joe develop.
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:54 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:49 am Browning got a try assist for Nottingham today and in the Player ratings on the rugby paper had a 8/10 (Highest Nottingham rating and joint highest with Hartbury's openside Clementson)

That’s good to hear RB!!

Sounds like he has all the attributes to make a Watson style winger from what I’ve heard - pace, some power but runs intelligent lines. Looking forwards to seeing Joe develop.
I’m also very excited by browning, he showed during prem 7s he has the power and pace to be a great winger. Not sure what his high ball ability is like and due to our game plan its something borths will want in a winger i’m sure.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

tigercub21 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:54 am

That’s good to hear RB!!

I’m also very excited by browning, he showed during prem 7s he has the power and pace to be a great winger. Not sure what his high ball ability is like and due to our game plan its something borths will want in a winger i’m sure.
Plenty of time to develop high ball and kicking at his age. Its the key attributes you can’t really coach as easily of speed and power, which by all accounts he seems to have. Agreed, very excited to see more of Browning.
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm Wonder why we’ve still seen nothing of Sam A-R in a Cov shirt?
SAR has only had a weeks training with Cov. They had last week off. I'm sure he'll feature soon otherwise what's the point.

Looking forward to the Cov game this afternoon. Their starting no 6 had a belter of a game last time out against Nottingham. Sam Lewis on the bench, not sure if he'll come on as lock or 6.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The pace element is why we should try everything with Olowafela as well, you can't coach that.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:01 pm The pace element is why we should try everything with Olowafela as well, you can't coach that.
Tbh I don't think he's that quick for what he should be
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:05 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:01 pm The pace element is why we should try everything with Olowafela as well, you can't coach that.
Tbh I don't think he's that quick for what he should be
There is enough of the Matt Tait in him to think he is worth persevering with.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Would love to see Browning and Olewafeya succeed
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Olofella is nowhere near Matt Taits league and a totally different type of player anyway imo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Personally I think Olowafela, Aspland-Robinson along with Worth are competing for 1, maybe 2 places back in our squad.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Worth not good enough in my opinion
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:30 pm Worth not good enough in my opinion
People were saying that against McPhillips not long ago. Borthwick has seen enough of him to give him a chance to stake a claim whilst on loan. IMO he's the least likely to be retained, but he's being given a chance, up to him to try and take it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Super User
Super User

Worth looks like he has all the bits you want to be a really good 12, but has never been given a proper go there. The fact he covers more than one position might help him.