Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: PREMIERSHIP ROUND 10

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:03 pm Didn’t see that Saints win comings :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

And with Quins tearing Sale apart (the score is flattering to Sale) I suddenly don’t think we did so bad last week in hindsight.
Kick from the try that Exeter was charged down before the kicker got to the ball and the ref, Christopher Ridley, blew for full time.
Controversial? Good hahahaha
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:03 pm Didn’t see that Saints win comings :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

And with Quins tearing Sale apart (the score is flattering to Sale) I suddenly don’t think we did so bad last week in hindsight.
Kick from the try that Exeter was charged down before the kicker got to the ball and the ref, Christopher Ridley, blew for full time.
Controversial? Good hahahaha
Didn’t see it.. sounds pretty harsh but can anyone that saw it comment?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ridley claimed Simmonds had started his run up when the ball was kicked away but it didn’t look that clear to me.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:46 pm Ridley claimed Simmonds had started his run up when the ball was kicked away but it didn’t look that clear to me.
BBC saying “ Christophe Ridley ruled he he had started his run-up with a movement of his shoulder”

Sounds ridiculous to me.. I’d be fuming if that happened to us
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:46 pm Ridley claimed Simmonds had started his run up when the ball was kicked away but it didn’t look that clear to me.
Thanks JP
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It’s cheered me up no end 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Just watched it and it didn’t seem like he moved forward in any manner. He did a slight shoulder hunch but that would was it. Didn’t see any foot movement. If that was us I would have been apoplectic with rage, but it wasn’t so all good! I am curious what Baxter says?. Strange old season. Think it may have Bristols name on the title this year. Pressure of being the target rather than the chaser is affecting Exeter I believe.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:50 pm Just watched it and it didn’t seem like he moved forward in any manner. He did a slight shoulder hunch but that would was it. Didn’t see any foot movement. If that was us I would have been apoplectic with rage, but it wasn’t so all good! I am curious what Baxter says?. Strange old season. Think it may have Bristols name on the title this year. Pressure of being the target rather than the chaser is affecting Exeter I believe.
Wanted to see for myself.. watched it and you are absolutely right.. he shifts his shoulder slightly but clearly doesn’t move. Outrageous decision that has potentially robbed Exeter of the win there. What a joke!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Where did you see it guys? Highlights aren’t up on the AP website yet
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:47 pm
BBC saying “ Christophe Ridley ruled he he had started his run-up with a movement of his shoulder”

Sounds ridiculous to me.. I’d be fuming if that happened to us
Priestland's in for it now.... :smt003 :smt023
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:50 pm I am curious what Baxter says?
"From what I've been told, I think Joe moved so I don't have any complaints. They charged and that's what you are allowed to do. We complain about what we got wrong ourselves."
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:01 pm
Priestland or Biggar (Doing the macarena)?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:58 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:01 pm
Priestland or Biggar (Doing the macarena)?
Biggar would be screwed!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:59 pm Where did you see it guys? Highlights aren’t up on the AP website yet
BT Sport App has the replay of the match
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:59 pm Where did you see it guys? Highlights aren’t up on the AP website yet
It was shown after the Tigers game whilst summing up the weekends results.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk