20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Redstripeman

Re: 20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Post by Redstripeman »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:25 pm Only shame was Henry’s kicking otherwise we could’ve chased the TBP.
. We did, just that we were poor in the red zone too often!!!
We had the opportunities for the bonus points, it wasn't Henry you was to blame in those circumstances.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Redstripeman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:53 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:25 pm Only shame was Henry’s kicking otherwise we could’ve chased the TBP.
We had the opportunities for the bonus points, it wasn't Henry you was to blame in those circumstances.
You missed my point mate. If he hadve kicked his points off the tee our lead would've been great enough to go for the corner more often instead of just making sure we had an untenable lead.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm
You missed my point mate. If he hadve kicked his points off the tee our lead would've been great enough to go for the corner more often instead of just making sure we had an untenable lead.
In fairness he's kicked pretty well up to Saturday and by the looks of it the wind was tricky. We didn't really have any contrast to compare his kicking with Gopperth as we didn't give away that many kickable penalties.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm

In fairness he's kicked pretty well up to Saturday and by the looks of it the wind was tricky. We didn't really have any contrast to compare his kicking with Gopperth as we didn't give away that many kickable penalties.
In and of its self a vast improvement over last week at the stoop
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

There’s a flamboyance to Henry that I find exciting and entertaining
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I remember that Sale game John refers to. I argued with a Sale fan and said that the Sale player had done was just plain dangerous. Now it is commonplace and still dangerous. As John says red or not depended on who the Sale played hit. Actually the Sale played who he his should have been red carded and sent off if the law is there to produce player safety rather than a competitive advantage. Now if any player being touched by the player “in flight” was sent off then that may ass change tactics.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Under the current laws Hanro red is probably technically correct, I just think the law is incorrect. I think anyone raising studs or knees should be the people sent off and it would stop most of the very dangerous jumping.
Also the inconsistency in refereeing is as usual the issue. For example in Wales Scotland game, Halfpenny was penalised only for his challenge on Darcey Graham in the air. No Red card, not even a yellow! There seemed to be some mitigation in that case because of the injury he received and yet no such mitigation for Hanro.
In fact if you go back a few years when this nonsense first started in another Wales Scotland game, Geoff Cross the Scottish prop was carted off on a stretcher having just been kicked in the head by a flying Welsh fullback only to be shown the red card to his unconscious eyes.
There is something very very wrong about the whole situation and the way it is refereed
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Hanro was unlucky in that his eyes were clearly on the ball until a split second before the jumping player crashed into him giving no time to avoid the collision. Clearly there is the argument that he should have looked but the same can be said for the player jumping into the collision who also has a duty of care towards the player who he about to collide with. I hope this is taken into consideration as mitigation when he's in front of the beak.

Jumpers raising feet and more commonly knees should also be considered. If you are not allowed to shoulder charge another player without an open arm why is it OK to go into potential contact with a flying knee? It is often the player on the ground ducking in the contact that presents a back for the jumping player to fall on leading to uncontrolled contact with the pitch.

At the moment the decision of fault seems to be entirely based on whether or not the player on the ground had a reasonable chance of catching the ball. To my mind the consideration need to be wider in order to discourage dangerous jumping.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

when do we find out about the length of bans?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:27 pm when do we find out about the length of bans?
Hearings are in Wednesday so should find out then
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Weise has got form so could get 8-12 weeks. Hanro should get the shortest ban possible
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I note that at the hearing two of the panel have played the game and the Chair is a High Court judge, none of them are actually qualified referees and expert on the Laws of Rugby. I know this is normal but it does strike me as being wrong, surely when assessing a suitable punishment for transgressing a law one should at least be familiar with that law.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm Weise has got form so could get 8-12 weeks. Hanro should get the shortest ban possible
See below RFU guidelines for bans:

Wiese having previous does NOT change the category of ban, so I suspect Wiese is being charged under 9.11 or 9.20, given no injury occured according to this it's a Mid range offence so likely 6 week ban, previous means he's unlikely to have the standard 50% reduction

Liebenberg is likely being charged with 9.17 so likely to be 4 weeks halved to 2 maybe if they agree low end.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Pfi1iKEBTJ
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:57 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm Weise has got form so could get 8-12 weeks. Hanro should get the shortest ban possible
See below RFU guidelines for bans:

Wiese having previous does NOT change the category of ban, so I suspect Wiese is being charged under 9.11 or 9.20, given no injury occured according to this it's a Mid range offence so likely 6 week ban, previous means he's unlikely to have the standard 50% reduction

Liebenberg is likely being charged with 9.17 so likely to be 4 weeks halved to 2 maybe if they agree low end.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Pfi1iKEBTJ
Thanks! 👍
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Has Wigglesworth taken over as Tigers Captain? (or was it just for the 1 match?)