Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: 20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:20 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:19 pm You used to get, sending off sufficient, but doubt the panel will do that...of the 2 Hanro is the one I think we will miss the most, not necessarily obviously, but he has been our best player this season.
Miss Hanro more than Weise? 👀👀👀
Yep, he is a large percentage of our lineout & gets through a ridiculous amount of work, would Weise be able to do all the flashier stuff without Hanros work...its all about the balance.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wells would come in at 6.That’s not as big a drop off than Weise is to whoever replaces him at 8. His stats are off the chart! Weise definitely the bigger miss,for me.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Dokie wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:05 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:01 pm Wiese was having a stormer and maybe got a bit carried away, had to go.
Brookes was just very lazy technique, good to see that punished.
Seriously??
Were you Donald Trump’s speech writer?!
:smt109
:smt005
All over it like a Welsh tackler.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m not entirely sure who Miss Hanro is, but can I be introduced please ?! :smt041 :smt054
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BFG wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:32 pm
Dokie wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:05 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:01 pm Wiese was having a stormer and maybe got a bit carried away, had to go.
Brookes was just very lazy technique, good to see that punished.
Seriously??
Were you Donald Trump’s speech writer?!
:smt109
:smt005
All over it like a Welsh tackler.
All over the wrong side like a Welsh tackler 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Decent game plan yesterday and the players looked comfortable executing it. These things take time with new combinations. Runners off 9 punching holes and then going a bit wider and using Murimurivalu a lot more. The ball was quicker which meant Wasps couldn’t reset and were on the back foot a lot of the time. Another assured performance at full back from Steward, he looks better every game. Centres working well too. Henry may not be making the right decisions all the time but he’s really improved I think.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:22 am Decent game plan yesterday and the players looked comfortable executing it. These things take time with new combinations. Runners off 9 punching holes and then going a bit wider and using Murimurivalu a lot more. The ball was quicker which meant Wasps couldn’t reset and were on the back foot a lot of the time. Another assured performance at full back from Steward, he looks better every game. Centres working well too. Henry may not be making the right decisions all the time but he’s really improved I think.
Agreed. He’s been almost perfect off the tee until yesterday but yesterday he seemed a little more comfortable kicking ball in hand so perhaps the all round performance will be arriving soon.. potential there though for sure
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

For me , a good win and performance....
Strictly speaking to the laws of the game we could not realistically argue with any of the red cards .Yet was this an overly physical game ? I believe not.
So long as these laws and interpretation are applied consistently and with an even hand then this is acceptable , it is up to the governing bodies to amend the rules and laws rather than others to re - interpret them.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 pm Watched the highlights and have to be honest I think Hanro was unlucky.. Bassett jumps into him.. what was he supposed to do? Pretty harsh for me. Other 2 I thought were the right call
Brandy powered suggestion from posh Richard and I (Very.... The armagnac was strong with us last evening)

The ball must bounce from a kick in play before being played.

The catch on the full is only permitted in the 25 and that must be taken on the ground and a mark made.

A catch on the full outside the 25 will result in a free kick to the enemy... Sorry opposition.

Similarly lifting to receive a kick, or in the line out will be outlawed.

We've heard a lot about head injuries but not much about falling from heights. Falling 5ft or so onto one's back cannot be healthy.

OK.... It's rubbish.... But we've had our say.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have been saying for a very long but I will repeat it once again.. there are two law changes that the Law makers must make if they are honestly serious about player safety.
1) They Must sop the handling of the ball on the floor after the tackle it made. We need to revert to the original tackle laws of rugby. Once tackle is made the tacked player and the tackler must immediately let go of the ball when on the floor. After that it is a Ruck and must only be played with the feet. If this was the case the need for this flying hit to clear out the Jackeler would be null and void and the vast amount of injuries would not happen and therefore this ridiculous glut of red cards would reduce significantly
2) They must make illegal this deliberate flying through the air with knees and boots up causing potential danger for themselves and those below them. How we have managed to get to a position where we penalise the poor unsuspecting bloke on the ground who was running after the ball minding his own business is a mystery to me? Instead we allow the far more dangerous act of throwing yourself Into the air knees and boots flying and expect everyone in your path to somehow magically dematerialise. It is a total nonsense

In both these cases we have allowed something dangerous creep into the game and then in order to combat it we have blamed the wrong people for the crime. To me it’s like trying to solve the problem of mugging by telling everyone to stay at home!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:00 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 pm Watched the highlights and have to be honest I think Hanro was unlucky.. Bassett jumps into him.. what was he supposed to do? Pretty harsh for me. Other 2 I thought were the right call
Brandy powered suggestion from posh Richard and I (Very.... The armagnac was strong with us last evening)

The catch on the full is only permitted in the 25 and that must be taken on the ground and a mark made.

A catch on the full outside the 25 will result in a free kick to the enemy... Sorry opposition.

We've heard a lot about head injuries but not much about falling from heights. Falling 5ft or so onto one's back cannot be healthy.

Please can I have a bottle of what you’ve been drinking. 😀
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:22 am Decent game plan yesterday and the players looked comfortable executing it. These things take time with new combinations. Runners off 9 punching holes and then going a bit wider and using Murimurivalu a lot more. The ball was quicker which meant Wasps couldn’t reset and were on the back foot a lot of the time. Another assured performance at full back from Steward, he looks better every game. Centres working well too. Henry may not be making the right decisions all the time but he’s really improved I think.
The decision to attempt kicks at goal when conditions/kicker were not favourable was poor. To keep doing it lamentable, particularly as 5 points were on offer from our driving game which would have made a significant difference to the table. Other than that, improvements all round.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Biggest problem for me is that means you aim a high kick off at a shortish bloke and the kicking team has such an advantage regathering.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Dokie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:25 am

Please can I have a bottle of what you’ve been drinking. 😀
No.... It's expensive! 😁😁
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:40 am

Biggest problem for me is that means you aim a high kick off at a shortish bloke and the kicking team has such an advantage regathering.
Accounting for the vagueries of a bouncing egg shaped ball? We thought that might inject a little chaos to proceedings. Ahh well. Back to the drawing board.
Last edited by Big Dai on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.