Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: 20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:26 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:20 pm Looks like our journey involves the use of a modified Delorean.....
We’re you Eeyore in a previous life? I’m surprised you haven’t raged about the captain again.
Take that as read...regardless of the individual the lack of alternative captain is a big issue.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bookies have Tigers 5/4 and Wasps 8/11 with a winning margin of 2 points for Handicap betting.

Hoping for a good game, performance and result tomorrow.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

The bookies see this as a close one, and the teams seem to be well matched, on paper at least.
So, should be a good one.
Like that Wiese is back, and Moroni back in position.
As ever, discipline and keeping 15 on the pitch will be key, and especially so with trying to keep Maxwell-Keys on side.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Very excited and optimistic about this one. Like the look of this team and while the Wasps side has a huge amount of quality they are missing some big names and I really fancy our chances. While I would have perhaps liked to see JvP and Reffell in the starting XV I have no complaints. As mentioned above, Wiggo will bring calm experience and hopefully good game management alongside Henry and then JvP will add some impetus and energy at about 60 min mark. Wiese back in the side is fantastic and really like the look of that backs division.. just hope we give them some ball to play with.

It's great that we can field such a strong looking side without the likes of Porter, Potter, Nadolo, Wallace, Ford, Youngs, Genge, Martin...

Both half back pairs only have about 20 club appearances between them with the first choice 9&10 absent for both clubs. Will be interesting to see how they get on.

Wasps are without injured players Simon McIntyre (calf), Joe Launchbury (stress fracture), Jack Willis (knee), Thomas Young (concussion), Biyi Alo (hand) Alfie Barbeary (syndesmosis), Ryan Mills (foot), Marcus Watson (Achilles) while Will Porter (hamstring) and Lima Sopoaga (calf) have also missed Wasps' last two games.

COYT :smt026
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Got a bad feeling about this one. Not sure why but I think we could be on the end of a hiding
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

watsonjm wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:35 pm Got a bad feeling about this one. Not sure why but I think we could be on the end of a hiding
It’s referred to as ‘prepare for the worst and hope for the best’. I do it all the time watching England batting in cricket.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

High scoring match up. Wasps by 1-10. Hopefully we can 2 BP out of it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I wonder if I am the only one who is extremely disappointed to see Wigglesworth there.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

teds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm I wonder if I am the only one who is extremely disappointed to see Wigglesworth there.
I think Wayne Richardson Fan Club would definitely be in that boat with you... :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Leicester for the win.
I'm backing Brookes to give his best ever performance for the Tigers.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:38 pm
watsonjm wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:35 pm Got a bad feeling about this one. Not sure why but I think we could be on the end of a hiding
It’s referred to as ‘prepare for the worst and hope for the best’. I do it all the time watching England batting in cricket.
Come on.. seriously? Have faith gents (or ladies?) We will win this one. Tigers by 5 :smt023
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:18 pm
teds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm I wonder if I am the only one who is extremely disappointed to see Wigglesworth there.
I think Wayne Richardson Fan Club would definitely be in that boat with you... :smt002
Disappointed he is at Tigers full stop.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Time to see what we’ve learned from previous games. Discipline please. Penalties lead to pressure, pressure leads to yellow cards, which lead to points against. Keep hold of the ball. If we get slow ball, kick to compete, don’t aimlessly kick it to the Wasps back three, who will make hay. I’m confident that with the weather looking damp, we can grind out a win.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Disappointed, but not especially so.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I think we have a good chance of a win on Saturday (although I thought that last week :smt009 ).

On paper there are some good match ups but I think we may have the edge with the half back pairings, particularly with Jack on the bench. I also favor the strength of our back row.

It has all the makings of a close game.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!