Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

PREMIERSHIP ROUND 9

Post by Scott1 »

Saints v Newcastle cancelled due to Covid
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: PREMIERSHIP ROUND 9

Post by Scott1 »

Positive tests on Newcastle side so Saints get the points.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Dang. That’s a shame. Hope everyone is doing well.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

First sign of the double testing working then, the lateness of the cancellation is clearly down to the Thursday test not the Monday one, so has possibly stopped the outbreak spreading to a second club.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Big chance a win tomorrow and we could overtake Falcons and Quins potentially.

London Irish v Exeter will be the one too watch for me.
Irish looking very good playing good rugby
Exeter looking a bit uninterested recently which is odd for them but still grounded out 2 wins.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If a game gets called off because of a Frozen Pitch this weekend, what's happening in relation to that?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 am First sign of the double testing working then, the lateness of the cancellation is clearly down to the Thursday test not the Monday one, so has possibly stopped the outbreak spreading to a second club.
Well today the league has announced they're going back to testing once a week again...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What game shall I watch? I like seeing Bath get smashed but I’ve a funny feeling Gloc v Bristol will be a cracker. Could see a different Gloc now with no pressure
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Relegation from the Gallagher Premiership will be scrapped for the current season after an RFU Council vote.

The governing body's council voted with a "strong majority" on Friday for the moratorium on relegation, which will also extend to the Championship, with no side from the second tier facing relegation to National League One.

As long as the winner of this season's Championship is eligible for promotion under the RFU's current Minimum Standards Criteria, the 2021/22 season will consist of 13 teams in the Gallagher Premiership and 11 in the Greene King IPA Championship.

An RFU statement read: "Council members considered the impact Covid-19 has had on all areas of the game, including the earlier decision to suspend promotion and relegation in the community game and the Gallagher Premiership cancelling a significant number of matches in the 2020/21 season. These cancellations have resulted in a material impact on league positions which could mean relegation based on cancellation not on field merit.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... owing-rfu/
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:59 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 am First sign of the double testing working then, the lateness of the cancellation is clearly down to the Thursday test not the Monday one, so has possibly stopped the outbreak spreading to a second club.
Well today the league has announced they're going back to testing once a week again...
From the BBC:

Testing reduced:

It has also been agreed that from Monday, Covid-19 testing will go back to once a week in the Premiership and Championship.

The Professional Game Board (PGB), which agreed to reduce it from twice weekly testing, said it followed a decrease in coronavirus cases in England and a reduction in the number of positive tests in the professional game.

It said the decision had been supported by the RFU, Premiership Rugby and the RPA.

"We began twice-weekly testing in January in response to the growing number of cases emerging across the country," Chris Booy, chair of the PGB, said.

"We have now seen a reduction in positive cases and excellent co-operation from players and support staff complying with the stringent protocols we have put into place to minimise risk in the training and playing environments.

"The testing system will continue to be closely monitored and any changes will be made with the support of scientific advice."
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:58 pm If a game gets called off because of a Frozen Pitch this weekend, what's happening in relation to that?
I think normally the game is played on another date but clearly rules that are made at the start of the season can change part way through so your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:50 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:58 pm If a game gets called off because of a Frozen Pitch this weekend, what's happening in relation to that?
I think normally the game is played on another date but clearly rules that are made at the start of the season can change part way through so your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen.
That's my understanding too. Frozen pitches usually (pre-COVID) result in a postponement and the match replayed at a later date. Given the packed schedule, finding a free weekend is another matter though!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Would just be a little perverse to rearrange for one type of cancellation but not another.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Attwood underpowered? Discuss
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:21 pm Would just be a little perverse to rearrange for one type of cancellation but not another.
I don’t think Premiership Rugby care about that to be honest.